Boiler flame pulsing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler flame pulsing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Templebell

Guys
My first post and don't know that much about the central heating system. Most probably get a fitter to do the work, but just wanted to find out where I am.

I have a Glow-worm Ultimate boiler. Tested it this week end for the first time. It is starting up okay and the hot water and heating is okay Difficulty is that when it fires up (pilot lights fires and flame starts) it will run for a short time and then the flame starts to pulse. It doesn't turn off and start again just pulses until it gets to temperature. Room thermostat set at about 20 degrees, thermostat on boiler set to max (I've varied this setting and it doesn't change anything - still pulses).

Anyone give me some leads:confused:

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
boilers do modulate up and down to achieve optimum gas usage for a given temp but this is usually gradual rather than pulsing
check the casing is on correctly with no air getting in or could be a controls fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
Is it a Tiffel or Stiffel boiler?
Replies
Views
your boiler needs a gas reg engineer to come...
Replies
Views
Your more than welcome hay you don’t ask you...
Replies
Views
Hi John, yes I think you are spot on, if the...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Back