Boiler flue not accessible but builder says it's all one piece | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler flue not accessible but builder says it's all one piece in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Long towels??

Boiler is in a compartment, see second photo in Original Post.
It doesn't say whether the boiler compartment is in the bathroom or outside of it or previously had a boiler in it and the flue has been altered or that the boiler is new.

But it does say bathroom redone recently, so if it's a recently installed boiler why is a (British Gas ?) GSR looking at it now?
Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help...

We have recently redone our property and there is a new boiler and flue. The flue enters the ceiling above the boiler and is hidden from view (above a bathroom) until it exits through the wall.

I bet you could see it with a camera, but I bet your car does over 70mph if you want it to, the law says you can't go over 70 and you need hatches to inspect that flue. No amount of reasoning with people who will ultimately be responsible will change those facts.

I think the op is on about using a camera to confirm whether or not there are any joints in the flue before cutting access panels in, not to us it as an inspection method.

I think the op is on about using a camera to confirm whether or not there are any joints in the flue before cutting access panels in, not to us it as an inspection method.
Of course there are joints in the flue, there's the connection at the elbow and op says the run is about 2.4m so they'll be at least one more joint where the extension piece joins to the outlet piece. And regardless of what op suspects, we still need some form of access to inspect the flue, joints or not.

Doesn’t matter what the builder says. Sounds like a bit of a fly-by-night so he could say anything he likes and you’d be none the wiser.
Bottom line is consealed flues MUST be accessible for inspection. Whether that’s hatches or some other means of access. It’s done for safety so that a flue can be checked to make sure it’s safe and working properly and not leaking. Otherwise it could be leaking fumes into the ceiling which would find their way down into the living space and no one would know until one day someone doesn’t wake up.
Sorry to be so blunt but if the builder was a bit of a cowboy then it’s even more important. A few extra quid isn’t worth a life.

Similar plumbing topics

That's good mate. Well done for spotting and...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back