Boiler Input-Output Efficiency Calculations | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Input-Output Efficiency Calculations in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damon Apple

Hi guys,

I am choosing to install in my project homework a worcestor-bosch 15i System boiler and i need to work out the
Input, Output and efficiency workings out on all settings.

I am totally stuck even after worcestor technical team sent me the installation data brochure but i just cant work it out.

This is what I am doing Max Rated Output=15kw
Max Rated Input=15.4kw

So i assumed output divided by input x 100 = 97.4% Gross efficiency and if i divide this by 1.11 i get the Net efficiency of 87.75%.

Now heres the problem worcestor bosch claim this has an efficiency of 90.1%

What am i doing wrong?

Link attached for the installation brochure instructions table etc...

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/ca...r-i-system--manufactured--aug-09---jan-11.pdf

Any help very much appreciated :mad2:

This is what I am doing Max Rated Output=15kw
Max Rated Input=15.4kw

So i assumed output divided by input x 100 = 97.4% Gross efficiency and if i divide this by 1.11 i get the Net efficiency of 87.75%.

Now heres the problem worcestor bosch claim this has an efficiency of 90.1%

What am i doing wrong?
Nothing!

The efficiency figure in the manual is the "SAP2005 Seasonal Efficiency", which is calculated by a fairly complicated formula designed to simulate the usage of the boiler over a year. This has now been replaced by the "SAP2009 Annual Efficiency" which, for the 15i is 88.8%. You can read about this at http://www.sedbuk.com

Last edited:
<br>
This is what I am doing Max Rated Output=15kw<br>
Max Rated Input=15.4kw<br>
<br>
So i assumed output divided by input x 100 = 97.4% Gross efficiency and if i divide this by 1.11 i get the Net efficiency of 87.75%.<br>
<br>
Now heres the problem worcestor bosch claim this has an efficiency of 90.1%<br>
<br>
What am i doing wrong?

Nothing!

The efficiency figure in the manual is the "SAP2005 Seasonal Efficiency", which is calculated by a fairly complicated formula designed to simulate the usage of the boiler over a year. This has now been replaced by the "SAP2009 Annual Efficiency" which, for the 15i is 88.8%. You can read about this at Sedbuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

So today the 1.65gph nozzle finally arrived...
Replies
Views
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
I have fitted a duotec in a few cupboards. And...
Replies
Views
D
It's wired just as it should be (as shown in...
Replies
Views
demiano
D
L
There are a number of issues here, all...
Replies
Views
Renewable M
R
Back