Boiler keeps cutting out - flame lift | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler keeps cutting out - flame lift in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo7

Hi

We have an ARISTON boiler (about 4 years old I guess).

The last few weeks it keeps cutting out randomly and stops producing hot water. The screen displays 'error 504' which according to the manual means 'flame lift'.

Does anyone know what this means and will it be expensive to fix?

If I press reset the boiler restarts and continues working but then randomly cuts out after a while.

mo7, Check your condensate pipe, would be my first sugestion. It may have a blockage in it ... you could also check the flue outlet to make sure it isn't obstructed at all. Flame lift sounds like flueing issues. It may just need a good service!! :)

I have no idea what any of that means - so will have to call in a pro.

Does it osund liek a problem that wil ltake a long time to diagnose/fix?

you should pay a fixed price diagnostic charge and then labour and part for materials would expect it to be at least £100 if its a simple fix

Just ask for someone to come along and service your boiler; explain the concerns and take it from there .... some good folk on here worht considdering .... post your local area and you may strike lucky :)

High burner pressure, cracked/distorted burner. As above, get a service and the problem should be spotted and fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
A plume management kit could be fitted to the...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Needs a gas safe engineer maybe also due to...
Replies
Views
Back