Boiler keeps kicking In? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler keeps kicking In? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muldonach

Hi there,

I have an external oil fired boiler which suddenly today seems to keep starting up every 5 to 10 minutes runs for a few minutes then shuts back down, any suggestions to what this could be? I did think it was perhaps a frost protection setting as the programmer is not calling for heat or hot water. However it is warmer today that the lags few days. The only thing I have done recently to the system was to balance the radiators as several weren't heating up.

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

its a boulter camray boiler 15/19 as I say external wall hung.

Most externsl boilers have frost stats and they normally kick in at about 5 deg c .
It may have become faulty in any case a engineer would need to check it out

Cheers,

just seems strange when it was colder the other day it wasn't doing this, although wasn't really looking out for it. Will keep an eye on it as have a plumber lined up to replace the boiler in the next month or so anyway

need any more quotes try asking on here with your whereabouts :)

Probably the frost stat. Depends where your boiler is sited.
Up here there was an inch of frost this morning and it was a really nice sunny day, not a cloud in the sky.
I was doing a job on a south facing roof and all the frost had melted by half 9. By 11 i was peeling off the layers of clothes down to a tee shirt.
The other side of the roof however which had no sun stayed frosted all day so the temperature never rose much above freezing out of the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
Back