Boiler keeps restarting. Is it meant to do this? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler keeps restarting. Is it meant to do this? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wat143

Hello. Excuse my ignorance but I think I MAY have a problem with my Potterton 40L boiler.
Basically it runs ok for around 30 minutes and then it starts this cycle of turning off the flame, pump runs for a couple of minutes, the whole thing shuts down and goes completely silent, then instantly the whole thing starts up again and the flame reignites.
We had British gas out and he seemed to think this was normal when it had reached temperature, but it is still 15 degrees and the thermostat is set to 18? (Thermostat tested ok).
So my question is, are boilers meant to go on and off all the time?!
Thank you, Katie.

Sorry but where is this? There is a dial on the front saying temperature min or max and it's maybe set to 90% ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wondering if the Pump is up to scratch?... 10m?
Replies
Views
Hi John, yes I think you are spot on, if the...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Back