boiler keeps switching off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler keeps switching off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fire

i have a back boiler with a 2 port zone valve, pump, cyliner stat and 7 day digital programmer.

the problem is when the boiler is on it occassionally trips the boiler (about 4 times a week) not all the time.

i have replaced the zone vale, cylinder stat and the programmer and this still happens, what else could it be?

Make and model of back boiler would be a benefit fire :) What you mean by "trips the boiler" is worth exploring too! May just be a simple bit of cleaning required TBH :) Depends on the appliance IMHO

it trips the rcd.

First thing I usually suspect when RCD trips is the pump TBH! With it being so infrequent though it'd be difficult to hone down! Would still be of benefit to know the make and model of your BBF? The integral wiring on them are different as are controls etc! :)

If its an elderly bbu then it could simply be a cooked cable.
Expensive guesswork has been carried out IMO.
Would have probably been cheaper to get a professional in.

probably the airways are sooted up and flame has licked out the front charring the cables get it looked at sooner rather than later look under the fire at the boiler and see if the flames are orange

i got the boilder serviced in May and the flame is blue

Well there you go, blue when on but no flame when the rcd trips ... third and last time of asking ,,, make and model 'fire'?? :)

Check the local telephone directory for a plumber before the weather changes

Last edited by a moderator:
You say you've replaced a 2 port valve? Do you have another? These quite commonly cause rcds to trip, usually caused by a valve leaking making its way in to the actuator head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Your sensitivity, arrogance and ignorance are...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Back