Boiler lockout | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler lockout in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabian don't take this the wrong way but you got an installer to fit a cheap rubbish boiler I don't know if you arranged for this boiler to be fitted but most times you pay peanuts you will get a monkey

I know what you mean Gray but it wasn't my choice. When I moved into that house last June (and that will teach me a lesson) I didn't have any hot water.
I only needed it for a bit of washing up every day, I have an electric shower. I had more major problems to deal with at the time and I only informed the landlady after 2 weeks. Engineer came and said that boiler needed to be changed. I agree that landlady took the cheapest option because she has been asking for several quotes which took some times and at the end the Biasi was installed.
When I recently told her I had problems with boiler she almost didn't believe me it was serious because it was almost brand new and according to her wasn't cheap.

Just a thought,but,did you check the engineers Gas Safe card,I find it hard to believe that a kosher engineer would do that sort of work.I have come across cowboys using other peoples registration numbers.
Check with Gas Safe that the boiler has been registered,also they are always interested in dodgy installations,which,this clearly is.

did you check the engineers Gas Safe card
No I didn't. I trusted him because it's the engineer my landlady uses.

He is registered. At first I couldn't find him on Gas Safe website database but I called them and they found him.

It's just that there is nowhere for the condensate from the boiler to go to,except to leak out of the toilet cistern onto the floor.
Also, in my experience,Landlords always use the cheapest quote available.There is nothing wrong with Biasi boilers,I have been fitting them for more than ten years for people who find it hard to stump up the £900 quid + for Vaillants etc;I can barely remember the last time that I had a call out to repair one.Problems are nearly always caused by shoddy installation,as yours clearly was.
I can't imagine any boiler manufacturer agreeing to repair a boiler that has not been installed properly.Did you say that they ( Biasi ) had been to look at it yet ?
Buster

I am furious!!!!
The guy said the main boiler exchanger needs to be changed and it won't be done before Tuesday onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the Biasi engineer didn't look shocked by the installation.

When I told him there was hot water going into the flushing system he looked puzzled and just said it shouldn't be happening.

I'm afraid that doesn't say much for the engineer.Be very afraid !

First he puts the condense on the cistern, a cistern without an over flow at that, then he wants to call out biasi to sort out his dodgy install. And its a landlord job? Whats the odds this job isnt registered and the installers not gas safe? Sorry for your troubles fabien. Get a full report from the biasi engineer and use it to get your land lord to get a decent gas safe installr to sort it out.

Hi fabien, I see it was the heat exchanger that was at fault, bad luck about not getting it fix`d untill next week ! What is going to happen about the condense pipe ?? Did you know that this water is slightly acidic ? and when your boiler is working can discharge 1/2 Ltr of water each time !!

What is going to happen about the condense pipe ?? Did you know that this water is slightly acidic ? and when your boiler is working can discharge 1/2 Ltr of water each time !!

If i had not been on that forum i would never have known what is going on with the boiler so thanks again everyone.
Because installation is not illegal i don't think landlady is going to do anything. And i can't afford to get someone in to sort out this mess. There is not much i can do.

Fabien,I repeat,talk to Gas Safe.The installation is not to regulations,that is,not to the manufacturers specification.They will make the installer rectify the problem,or,remove him from the register.
Also, I suggest that you tell your landlady that,unless she wants continual bills to repair the water leaks through the ceiling,she ought to do something.
Buster

The condense seems to be attached to cistern overflow. Definately not correct but should not account for system failure. Can you trace the copper pipe, furthest right and see where it goes to?, This is discharge pipe and if there are signs of water at end, it may account for why system losing pressure. if it is that then the engineer will need to replace the pressure relief valve. if not that then there is probably a leak on system somewhere, probably under cupboard floor if recent posts anything to go by.<br><br>Worth pointing out to land lady that boiler not installed correctly though.

What is going to happen about the condense pipe ?? Did you know that this water is slightly acidic ? and when your boiler is working can discharge 1/2 Ltr of water each time !!

If i had not been on that forum i would never have known what is going on with the boiler so thanks again everyone.
Because installation is not illegal i don't think landlady is going to do anything. And i can't afford to get someone in to sort out this mess. There is not much i can do.

Best of luck mate hope you get it sorted soon as said tell landlady it will make more damage and more calls from you unless its fixed properly

have you got room stat ? non-compliance with build regs, boilers can produce 8ltrs/hr of condensate, could tap into toilet waste pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a blockage somewhere. Time to call...
Replies
Views
M
I would advise you to use a gas safe...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
The mains water is now feeding everything in...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Back