Boiler not firing up sometimes | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler not firing up sometimes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has a hive for controlling the system so something is wrong either with the wiring or the hive programming

But, if you do not feel confident enough then I would suggest get a professional electrician out.

You don't need to cut link 6. The pump live is wired direct to the boiler as the PCB in the boiler controls the overrun on that boiler.
It will be a control issue. You just need someone to spend a little time going over the wiring to check the controls.

You don't need to cut link 6. The pump live is wired direct to the boiler as the PCB in the boiler controls the overrun on that boiler.
It will be a control issue. You just need someone to spend a little time going over the wiring to check the controls.

Is that the correct way to not use the terminals and connect the pump l to boiler p/l ? I am just wondering if you cannot use the terminals and cut link 6

Is that the correct way to not use the terminals and connect the pump l to boiler p/l ? I am just wondering if you cannot use the terminals and cut link 6

Well I connected the wires as we said and cut the link 6 and it all seems to work ok including the pump overrun.

Now I have to see if that has cured the origional problem

It will work that way, but the boiler is now not installed to manufacturer's instructions so you could risk voiding the warranty. The pump should be wired directly to the boiler.

So does that mean that if you have a Honeywell Junction Box you cannot use it to connect the pump to the boiler.

Does that apply to using any junction box or does the pump have to be wired directly to the boiler

So does that mean that if you have a Honeywell Junction Box you cannot use it to connect the pump to the boiler.

Does that apply to using any junction box or does the pump have to be wired directly to the boiler

No just don't wire the pump live to the controller,

I'm sorry to say get a heating engy in to test things before you start ripping things out and re wiring them, when the problem might not be with that

Thanks for all your help with this.

Now put back to the old wiring.

Are there any recommended heating engineers in the Middlesbrough area, as so far i am not very impressed with the ones that have been round.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Now put back to the old wiring.

Are there any recommended heating engineers in the Middlesbrough area, as so far i am not very impressed with the ones that have been round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
Back