Boiler OK - No upstairs Heating | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler OK - No upstairs Heating in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

My boiler is fine and I am getting heating downstairs and water on demand up and down. On the upper thermostat when i manually ask it to come on - the boiler is not getting the demand. The electric motorised valve is making a racket so I am thinking it might be to do with that. When the thermostat asks for heat the valve is nosiy and when it comes off noise disappeared. I established how to make sure the valve was open by hooking the switch to open but still nothing.

I have my guy coming out but he is so busy and I have heating and water I asked him to prioritise those with none. Anything I can do or check in the meantime? As said when I ask for heat downstairs all is ok

From the description it seems as though the demand signal from your zone valve is not being sent (or getting through). This could be faulty wiring, e.g. a loose connection, but is more likely to be an issue with the valve. There is a microswitch that is closed once the valve is fully opened by the motor. Depending on the condition of the valve, this may be fixed by replacing just the head or the whole valve.

Likely to be a fairly quick and straightforward job for your engineer.

Similar plumbing topics

I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back