Boiler pressure shooting up to 4 bar | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure shooting up to 4 bar in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Rhys23

Gas Engineer
I've been to a boiler that had a ruptured pressure vessel. Replaced the vessel and checked the pressure. All seemed fine then the customer sent a picture of pressure over 4bar again the next day. The pressure relief didn't go off and when I got there it had dropped down to 1.5bar again. The pressure rise is happening when the hot water is on. The pressure relief has since gone off an released the pressure. Any ideas why this could be happening?

tube to the vessel blocked?

Plate ?

Surely the pressure wouldn't go back down to 1.5 bar after it has cooled down though if it was a split in the plate?

If it’s dumping out the prv

Surely the pressure wouldn't go back down to 1.5 bar after it has cooled down though if it was a split in the plate?
The pressure dropping back down could be down to the prv opening then re seating. If it's only happening on hot water demand. Are the flow and return valves closed?
Other than that, is the expansion tank undersized?

How big is the system? Rads

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
Back