boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a potterton promax system32 he plus, it has an internal pump and expansion vessl, it is piped using a mid position valve system, when running the return does not get hot, i have checked for blockages and air locks, i have also changed the pump but still cold return, is there something like a stat on the boiler which could be faulty which is telling the boiler it has reached temperature, any clues

Sorry am missing something here, you say return does not get hot, does flow get hot, do some rads get hot ,is boiler operating at all or firing and then going out, with a bit more info ,hopefully we can help
:)

Sorry yes, the flow gets hot and the boiler goes through the correct sequence of cutting out when it reaches the selected temperature
And fires again when the temp drops. Radiators on hot on flow side, cheers

Hi It best to follow some sort of sequence when fault finding. Just try turning heating off and make sure cylinder is calling for heat. After a few minuets the return should warm. If not try manual setting of mid position valve and so on. This method will point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back