Boiler question - safe to keep turned off if not required | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler question - safe to keep turned off if not required in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

C

Claire1808

I have an old Gledhill very large boiler in my 2 bed flat (over 20 years old) and an electonic 7 thermo box. Currently i have everything off as i dont need them to get hot water to my shower, dishwasher and washing machine. The only thing the boiler seems to do is heat my hot water in my sink - something I can defintely do without without any problems. I don't have central heating I have lovely electric storage heaters.
Is it ok to keep everything off? Any advice would be gratefully received - thank you.

You can keep it off, however you need to be mindful of:
a) - bacteria growth in the cylinder from previously heated water and stored cold water above a certain temperature
b) - damn issues from no heating

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
B
I am relatively inexperienced but it happened...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back