boiler rateing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler rateing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

just to make things a bit more clear in my head when i look a the vaillant boilers the rateing 837 is 28kw for heating max out put 37kw for hot water
and the 6 series is 26kw heating 30 being hot water.

when you look at the worcester 28cdi is that refering to the heating kw or the hot water

just to make things a bit more clear in my head when i look a the vaillant boilers the rateing 837 is 28kw for heating max out put 37kw for hot water
and the 6 series is 26kw heating 30 being hot water.

when you look at the worcester 28cdi is that refering to the heating kw or the hot water

max kw, heating is usually slightly less

exellent, cheers fellas i was thinking it was heating it refared too.

so really anything under 28kw aint really worth it

exellent, cheers fellas i was thinking it was heating it refared too.

so really anything under 28kw aint really worth it
Well if its a one/two bed flat with just a shower then a 28kw might be overkill.

:D yep agree:D

for your tyipical 3 bed house 28 min i meant (in my head anyway lol)

a 28kw for most modern houses with an on-suite, main bathroom and downstairs cloak it should be fine. The hot water demand is usually the greater anyway. I have calculated heat loss on modern 3 bed semis and got heating ouput requirement of 7.5kW! Therefore a 28kW is greatly oversized for the heating load but it should govern down automatically, so u only use what u need. The higher outputs on combis are simply for the hot water demand. as mark alludes, horses for courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
Many thanks. I'll look into that.
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back