Boiler replacement | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler replacement in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

It was all a simple disconnect and reconnect as everything lined up perfectly with the old boiler.
The water hasn't been changed at all and I didn't see him check anything except the gas pressure and other things.

I can see if there is a problem why it wasn't picked up at the install as the heating was running so the hot water
came through immediately, it's just weird that without the heating the hot water fails to reach a decent temperature.

I will give him a ring after the weekend, he is very obliging and will come to take a look. I will mention the cold
water input was suggested as a possible problem.

Thanks all.
As Brambles has said sounds like it might be an issue with the cold water inlet flow rate. Especially if it's only a 24kw boiler.

Also gas pressures need checking and gas rate doing - again if it's 24kw and it's only burning 20kw on HW then your HW performance is going to be poor.

Could also be a faulty diverter valve in the boiler itself.

What superb and professional replies, thanks guys.

I will have a try at just turning on the tap slowly and see what happens but can't do that at the moment as have the
heating on. You tend to feel the cold more as you get older.

He did spend quite some time checking the gas with with some gear, and I remember that as being nosey I wondered what
he was doing and asked him.

Does the boiler have a pre heat option?

Similar plumbing topics

Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Back