boiler restarting is it the pump faulty | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler restarting is it the pump faulty in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickytwohammers

sorry forgot what i should do micky2h here
Wilo pump RS15 when central bleed screw is removed lots of water shoots out

rather than a dribble does this mean impeller is not spinning boiler is restarting every 30 seconds
G/S 217929
[
§/COLOR]
any clues please

Last edited by a moderator:
They generally gush water out when the bearing seals have gone.
Check for electric supply first, if you have voltage and you can't make it start with a small screwdriver in the shaft. I'm afraid it's had it.

thanks pump is running i.e. power etc
but gush water seals might be gone i was wondering if blocked or impeller loose might cause access water from front and hence boiler restarting

Might not mean the pumps gone, Iv noticed some shoot out more water than others...

Ravenheat CSI about 9 years old it keeps starting turning off on all works but not as it should be
i thought pump maybe not be working propely

Ravenheat csi is a combi isn't it? So you've removed the boiler casing to access the pump?..

yes the case was has to be off
the pump is not leaking wth bleed screw in but boiler still restarting
just wondered why so much water if it was a clue to problem

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Please read the forum rules.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Physically next to the pump, 22mm pipe goes up...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
U
Please register and repost for an answer...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
D
And you've been told you need a gsr. Stop...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back