Boiler running constantly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler running constantly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I’m hoping someone can advise who would be best to fix the issue we are having.

We have multizone central heating, with a separate hot water tank. Recently had hive installed but this issue has happened once before we had the install. The electrician who did the install has already had to come back once as did something wrong as when we put the hot water on, the radiators came on (he admitted he’d not done a hive multizone before) so not sure if it’s the hive causing the issue or something else.

Boiler won’t stop running. Even when, according to hive, everything is off, it just keeps running.

I’ve checked the valves and they are all switched to auto. The radiators are not hot when it’s doing this, so I know the valves are closing (although not sure how to check if the hot water is heating or not).

Radiators will heat up at the scheduled time, so no problems there. It’s just the boiler not switching off when it’s being required to heat anything.

We really struggled to find someone to do the hive install in the first place so just want to make sure we are getting the right person out this time who can fix the problem.

We are in wakefield, w.Yorkshire if anyone can help!!

Perhaps it’s the hot water calling for heat constantly, via a valve, If rads are not heating up. What boiler is it? With Regards who to get in, get the electrician back if it’s only happened since the install, if he doesn’t know or isn’t willing, then perhaps dispute the invoice until the fault is rectified. If it’s electrician’s work, then they should foot the bill of someone else. If it’s not the electrician’s fault then obviously you’d have to foot the bill.

Coul there be a frost thermostat that hasn't been wired in properly? The loft or whatever is getting cold and the boiler runs constantly?

From your other post, it’s a new boiler right? The pcb link has likely been left in.

Ask both the gas engineer and electrician if either of them removed it.

The electrician may not know about it and isn’t allow to open the case to remove it as he’s not gas safe.

Sorry not checked back in a while, but I managed to fix it.
It was only happening since the install so was definitely something the electrician did.
I sat down and mapped out all the wires and figured out that he'd put a live wire into position 1 which on the dual channel receiver is hot water off (NC).
I guess he thought this was the same as common on the single channel receiver.
Anyway, disconnecting that wire has done the trick!

Sorry not checked back in a while, but I managed to fix it.
It was only happening since the install so was definitely something the electrician did.
I sat down and mapped out all the wires and figured out that he'd put a live wire into position 1 which on the dual channel receiver is hot water off (NC).
I guess he thought this was the same as common on the single channel receiver.
Anyway, disconnecting that wire has done the trick!

Not come across that before. Good job finding it and thanks for the update.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Delta T = (flow + return)/2-room temp At 50...
Replies
Views
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
J
+1 for motorised valve. Is there any...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Back