Boiler Service Reminder Letters | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Service Reminder Letters in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of service reminders letters dont seem to work as people just put them in the bin and forget....

New boilers sometimes have service timers built in but I use a cheap one called servicetime that I buy online... they've only just started selling these and I dont know how successful they are but for the price I add it onto each service.....

IT beeps and flashes to get the owner to come look at the boiler and goes off exactly one year after its fitted..... theres a similar one sold by the goodcarscheme for mot's through garages but doesnt have the beeper bit built in....

I think that a reminder call / text would be useful. i own a property that i let and obviously i have cooker / boiler / fire annually checked BUT i have to remember. if my regular plumber actually sent me a message then he would get the work out of laziness on my part. This year i have a recently qual GS near where i live so will probably give the work to him.
Sorry to earlier posters but quality of work is not always a guarantee of repeat business!

Just been talking to the Main rep about this. They offer a service that if you register the boiler through their loyalty scheme, they will send a reminder out in your name. So it comes from Main, with a little lecture about the need to service their appliance, but has your contact details on.

I thought that sounded like a good service. Do any of the other manufacturers do that?

It is all down to the lack of cash. People just don't have the money to spend and if the boiler is working then it is fine by them. I was speaking to the local mechanic last week and he was on about the same thing with car servicing. It is well down from the norm.
You could try fitting boilers or timers that flash up service warnings. A bit like the annoying light on your dash :lol:
Just a sign of the times i'm afraid.

Very true, a lot of people are wondering how they will pay their gas bills this winter, and the boiler service runs a very late second.

The flashing warning light is a good idea for the guy on the plumbing thread looking for innovative ideas to produce: i.e. a small magnetic chipped card that flashes up the 'service due warning' alternating with the engineer's telephone number. The Chinese are brilliant at making such things for a song.

Presumably a lot of this years reminder letters will carry the words: "We now accept all major credit cards" thanks to system3!

some programmers have this built in on some the clock actually locks out and you have to reset it every day its mainly aimed at housing associations where they often have problems with gaining acces for servicing

I always call people for a chat to make sure everything is going on and when is convenient for me to come out and service the appliance. It is a lot harder for people to say no when you are on the phone, and they know it makes sense. How many letters do you just glance at and throw away!

I feel it's better to have the customer make the call about a service. When I phone them i feel like a salesman touting for business

Not a salesman, an engineer recommending the best course of action to maintain the expensive boiler I sold them how every long ago before. Because I talk to them and explain the benefits each year most are expecting the call and actually thank me as they had forgotten.
Just as Lame said it is your business and every now and again you need to be a salesman, if you don't someone else will!

coming up to my first (and tough year alone) and have no intention of putting letters out. I will phone the customer and remind them that I serviced the boiler before. I'll then ask them which day next week they would like me to come and do it this year, before the winter bites

coming up to my first (and tough year alone) and have no intention of putting letters out. I will phone the customer and remind them that I serviced the boiler before. I'll then ask them which day next week they would like me to come and do it this year, before the winter bites

Good for you.
Some customers remember but most do not.

And I know I have forgotten to get my car MOT done in the past so I wished my garage would contact me and remind me.

Just been talking to the Main rep about this. They offer a service that if you register the boiler through their loyalty scheme, they will send a reminder out in your name. So it comes from Main, with a little lecture about the need to service their appliance, but has your contact details on.

I thought that sounded like a good service. Do any of the other manufacturers do that?

Main I would imagine would be the same as baxi ray as its the same company?
when I register mine through works,it asks if you want them so send a letter in your behalf and that the customer is aware you're doing it. They only send it out for the first year though

I think a letter is better for not sounding like your scratting for work! although for customers I have fitted new boilers I always ring if they don't respond and say its because there warranty will be invalid if they don't have service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

My apologies, I thought it was in the manual...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Surely some damage has already been...
Replies
Views
This is all great information. really...
Replies
Views
Back