Boiler Servicing and Safety Check Pricing? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Servicing and Safety Check Pricing? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

I've just set up a plumbing company and have been running it for six months. All is going well, I'm very happy with my decision to re locate and start a new. One thing that is bugging me though is that my competition seems to be a bit cheap.

I just wondered what people thought of these prices that I'm offering cos' I've been told of more than one customer that I'm too high and I've looked into the issue and some company's are offering ridicules prices for the same services.

Boiler service £45 (special offer, normally £55)
Landlord safety check £55 for 2 apps and 15 for additional apps

I know how much I need to earn to break even and pay me a modest wage and that is reflected in my pricing. Just wondered what people thought of those prices above and what other companies else where may charge. I'm in Devon so if you may be competition then you don't need to post your prices.

Cheers.

Foodface.

to be fair your about right in my eyes. cusrtomers will always tell you you are to dear mate .

Sometimes you have to do a few cheap boiler services just to get your foot in the door.
Better to have ten £45 services than no £60 services IMO.

That's what I think and 45 is a special offer but some in my area are doing it for £40 or less. Given my over heads I know I can't afford this and makes me wonder how they can too. Even had one guy charge 30 for landlords at flat rate, which is unbelievable pricing.

Good to know I'm in and around the right scale though. Thanks for comments.

Depending what part of Devon you are in will reflact on price if you are expecting to earn big money here then dont hold your breath I live on Devon / Cornwall border and prices are screwed right down, Service £30, Lsr £35, Local Plumbing Co on 3 day week So to meny Plumbers chaseing to few jobs,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
F
Viessmann haggle for free tool kit!
Replies
Views
Back