Boiler Servicing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Servicing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How much do you charge?

Also, what tools are required? I've not yet done a service but now have a friend of the Mrs asking me to service their potterton suprima 60L...

Figured I might as well get the first one over with!!

£70 for a good one and £100 for one with a new burner seal

1.30 hours

I'm surprised, I thought it'd be more expensive then that.. Dunno why.. In my head I see it as a big job I guess.

Other than standard tools, what will I need?

I'm similar to Shaun, £100 for a fire and bbu £70 for everything else.

back boiler unit £100 combi £75 regulars 85 new peeps, hob another 15 fires 45 if with boiler 75 on its own

I'm surprised, I thought it'd be more expensive then that.. Dunno why.. In my head I see it as a big job I guess.

Other than standard tools, what will I need?

flue gas ani and a set of brushes

not many bbu left round me now

Cool, I'll pick some brushes up.. Cheers guys

I get soft paint brushes and snap the handles off so you can get them in.

Have a look at who is advertising what around your area even make a couple calls , if you go over 50 around here for a combi service you won't ever get one to service.

Its all area dependant like i said

£60+vat for a boiler service, then plus any seals etc if needed. To service a Suprima certainly wont take you any longer than an hour. A very easy boiler to work on really.

£60+vat for a boiler service, then plus any seals etc if needed. To service a Suprima certainly wont take you any longer than an hour. A very easy boiler to work on really.
We'll see, I'm slow when doing something for the first time, just to make sure I don't c**k anything up ;)

Hoover, FGA, U Gauge, set of brushes, Gas Book

Most new combis dont need to combustion chamber opening for up to the first 5 years, and the MI's dont want you to do much else clean Condenstate trap, check its running good

Hoover, FGA, U Gauge, set of brushes, Gas Book

Most new combis dont need to combustion chamber opening for up to the first 5 years, and the MI's dont want you to do much else clean Condenstate trap, check its running good
What gas book do you use mate?

Make sure you have manufactures installation/service instructions, and B4 you touch it make sure it works, or you will get the old story (It was all ok until you touched it) !!

Make sure you have manufactures installation/service instructions, and B4 you touch it make sure it works, or you will get the old story (It was all ok until you touched it) !!

Yeah I'm deffo gonna run it beforehand. Got the MIs last night and was having a look, doesn't seem to bad a job to be honest *he says* lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
This is all great information. really...
Replies
Views
if when you have run the c/heating then its...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Back