Boiler Servicing | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Servicing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made that schoolboy error just before xmas , turned up to service boiler forgot to check it first as was yapping .

Didn't work then she says well it worked before !!!

Where are you based quality?
I live in Yorkshire but most of my work is spread across the country, I got sick of 70 and 90 quid jobs 20 years ago so I do my work and they pay my price. I don't rip anyone off I do a good job and charge a proper price.

I live in Yorkshire but most of my work is spread across the country, I got sick of 70 and 90 quid jobs 20 years ago so I do my work and they pay my price. I don't rip anyone off I do a good job and charge a proper price.

Pint of Bitter - Meat & Potato pie & 2 Black Puddings, if your charging more than that then its a rip off. :greedy:

Sorry, stupid question time.. Do I need to drain down the boiler to service it?

or something is leaking

There was a new guy on the council years ago was sent to service a back boiler. He stripped it down and then unbolted the front of the heat exchanger. It didn't budge at first. So he gave it a few gentle taps with a hammer. It nearly knocked him out when it flew off and flooded the gaff in seconds!
I don't think he came back the next day!

Not the suprema. What made you think you might have to? Some boilers you do to test expansion vessel pressure.

There was a new guy on the council years ago was sent to service a back boiler. He stripped it down and then unbolted the front of the heat exchanger. It didn't budge at first. So he gave it a few gentle taps with a hammer. It nearly knocked him out when it flew off and flooded the gaff in seconds!

Haha jobs like that its a case of tools in bag and drive off

Ah mate, at least the flood would have cleared the contents of his pants haha

Not the suprema. What made you think you might have to? Some boilers you do to test expansion vessel pressure.
Dunno.. I'm new to gas work and not done a service before so was just double checking really. Cheers Geyser

I've been doing this 24yrs and i still have a good read of mi's before i service some. Nothing worse than having customer stood beside you and can't figure how to get case off!!

I've been doing this 24yrs and i still have a good read of mi's before i service some. Nothing worse than having customer stood beside you and can't figure how to get case off!!
Haha I was doing a gas safety the other evening and I had to get the tenant to light the fire with the remote control, just couldn't get it to light haha

Yeah I like to be prepared so always read MIs before a job if I need to. They didn't mention a drain down but something in me wanted to check, just in case they assume you know you have to!

Even if the boiler is well out of warranty, do I need to fill out a service record or some type of service cert for the customer?

Even if the boiler is well out of warranty, do I need to fill out a service record or some type of service cert for the customer?

i would its like a service for a car or mot people like to see them

you have two options

one is fill in the book

two is get a sticker made where you can put the service date etc

i would its like a service for a car or mot people like to see them

you have two options

one is fill in the book

two is get a sticker made where you can put the service date etc

Custard don't have a book and has asked me if she gets a certificate?

Custard don't have a book and has asked me if she gets a certificate?

i see you mean a cp12 yes you should fill one out for every service you do

FYI, if it is a Suprima and it still has a barcode as opposed to a handwritten label you could warn them they will be needing a PCB at some stage! And if for some reason it was a 120L it needs a fan with the PCB.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
This is all great information. really...
Replies
Views
if when you have run the c/heating then its...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Back