Boiler stove & pellet boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler stove & pellet boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J Taylor

Hi there I am new to the forum, I have been handed a plumbing job of installing a pellet boiler (KSP Duo) with a sunsystem
combitank KSC 2 & also a 20kw boiler stove into a old cottage. while i feel I am a decent fitter I think I will struggle with the system design is there any body out there think the could help
many thanks
John

Not done anything with pellet boilers, unfortunately, but its maybe worth op getting in touch with heating innovations directly. There is some info on their web site but based on all the info they sent me when i ordered the one i used then they definitely know there stuff.

Taylor, do you want another engineer to assist you?
which area are you?

Thanks Killy but no thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Simons right - get a pipe work schematic from the manufacturer or uk agent, as each make can tend to have their own peculiarities as to how you pipe them up, also, it might be worth checking what they're doing by way of a feed system etc, see if the suppliers got any bumpf on that which may be relevant or helpful.

Are you planning to connect the pellet boiler to a buffer tank ?
As said you could use a h2 think there may be different ones for different heat sources

You could use a thermal store also
You could take billy up on his offer and give you more advice it's hard to know what's really best without actually seeing the house
If your not that confident and no shame in asking for help we all have to learn

Everyday should be a school day

Oh boys was not offering my assistance, my design skills might be alright but don't have enough experiance with solid fuel as yet!!

however i would use a thermal store as you have 2+ heat sources

You will have to check with the pellet boiler they may spec a buffer

Just had a look at the tank.
straight forward enough.

will have a better look when I'm home

Simple enough
tank in tank is good
Acv is the best but depends on budget

Simple enough
tank in tank is good
Acv is the best but depends on budget

The tank he has on spec is what appears to be a "combi" thermal store
It has one or two indirect coil and tappings for direct heat sources.

its actually one of the combi tanks so it also has an extended coil to give dhw!
cold feed in the bottom, boiling hot water on the outlet!
certainly needs a mixing valve.

ive come across two....both had the coils scaled almost fully

good concept, pricy, needs a water softener if there is any hard water imho

Speak to manufacturers. Iv fitted a fair few pellet boilers and they all like there own little things in regards to safety devices and controls. Have no experience with running them with thermal stores, always just used direct buffers to keep things simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Of yes of course, I never thought of that! At...
Replies
Views
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
I'm an end user with limited knowledge of...
Replies
Views
Are you controlling the stove flow temperature...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I have sketched out parts but missing...
Replies
Views
Back