Boiler swap | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler swap in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my own. Bit of a slack day yesterday just got drained down, old boiler out, new boiler in, primaries into loft and flue. More on form today, primary connections in loft, changed 7 rads and changed valves on the other 3 rads. Could have done a bit more but I wanted to get away early to beat the traffic so left at 4. Tomorrow it's ga connection, fit bypass, new pump, wire up, flush, making good and check gas pressure. I may be back on Thursday for a new gas run as i's borderline if the existing is big enough.

Why put an abv on with a modulating pump mike
Nice work as always mike

Because the boiler instructions request it. It now needs a bypass because it's an S plan and I've just fitted rads with TRVs on the two bathrooms which are on the summer circuit. Also I may not use it in modulating mode depending on how the system runs. Some of these older systems aren't happy with a modulating pump.

Okay new pump, ABV and magnclean fitted.

RIMG0003 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

It's the Magna clean 2 professional and its is a lot easier to fit that the previous model. You can also take out the piece joining the two valves and swivel them to either side if needed.

Boiler is up and running.

RIMG0001 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

RIMG0002 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Unfortunately when tested the gas the drop was 3 mbar with the boiler alone and 4 with the boiler and hob so I'm picking up a coil of Tracpipe tomorrow and running a new feed across the loft. Things also didn't go smoothly with the condense. I connected onto the washing machine waste to find that it was split outside so had to renew it. Couldn't even use the same hole as it was under the unit. I had to core a new hole through.

Managed to get the system flushed today though, was fairly clean although the Magnaclean pulled a fair bit of muck out.

RIMG0004 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

I also got attacked by my manometer today. I was kneeling in front of the meter box (praying for no leaks) when it fell over and put a cut across my eyebrow.

Never seen an intergas before. Can't say its pleasing to the eye. What's that at the bottom left of the boiler hanging down?

First time I have seen an intergas also, it is a very ugly boiler.

You can get a pipe trim to hide the bottom but not a lot of point when it's in a cupboard.

Thee a good boiler, but pug ugly and I hate flexible condense pipes. And offset flues.

Nice work mike. What make zone valves are they? What feed and vent set up have you done

The valves are existing, Drayton I think. The feed and vent are connected through an air sep in the roof space. If I'd been doing it from scratch I would have used a combined feed and vent but this set up is working well so no point in making work for myself.

That is one ugly boiler. I thought you were joking when you said that was the condensate hanging out the bottom of the boiler, also don't like offset flues.

I would have fitted a Worcester ri in the same property, looks to be room to drop down & use old flue hole too, but not sure.

Heathens the lot of you!!! Thing of beauty that is mike :) will still be going when a Worcester has eaten itself :)

Well i got finished yesterday. No more pics because there wasn't much changed except a bit of filling around the flue, an extra pipe dropping from the loft and 15m of tracpipe in the loft to upgrade the supply. Customer is made up with it, paid the bill by debit card and gave me a £40 tip.

Looking good. Although I am not a fan of ofsetting pipes for new rads. If its carpet and floor boards I always send new stabs up so they look OEM :)
Mind you most of my customers seem to be picky lol

and those intergas boilers look a bit weird. I've heard others raving about them. What are they like pricewise vs a vaillant or worcester?

Looking good. Although I am not a fan of ofsetting pipes for new rads. If its carpet and floor boards I always send new stabs up so they look OEM :)

Concrete floors so couldn't alter the pipes coming out of the floor. Also new carpets so moving the pipes would have left a hole in the original position.

What does O.E.M stand for? I like them on sets, easier for them to be missed by the Hoover.

I bet they get picky with 2 new holes in their carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE= If its carpet and floor boards I always send new stabs up so they look OEM :)

Never heard of anyone doing that before... I guess it may look nicer, but the amount of time it would add to the jobs I can't see it happening too often?!

I normally ask the customer, bent pipe or 2 holes in the carpet. Its their choice, what would they rather look at.

What does O.E.M stand for? I like them on sets, easier for them to be missed by the Hoover.

Original Equipment manufacturer. Not really the right phrase but just meaning it looks factory fitted as in how it should be with a fresh system install.

@ Mike - meant to say... would do the same for concrete floors.

@ lame plumber - I just use the hole cutouts from the new stab holes to fill the old ones (carpet adhesive). Pretty much invisible but yes, preferable not to have to do it.

@ gassafe - I do give them the option and usually end up having to do it...!! Would prefer not to, but like I say most of my customers aren't short of cash due to the areas we cover and would rather pay a bit more and have it exactly how they want it.
Sets us apart a little bit with the fine detail... seems to work so far anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Done it myself. My analyser went mad at me...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
It's the norm on here. very little feedback...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Back