Boiler thermostat | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler thermostat in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marymar

Our central heating guy always sets the boiler at 70 deg C. Max is 80. In really cold weather at 70 deg the house does not reach the temperature required by the thermostat in the living room and consequently the boiler is working non stop. When I asked the guy if I should raise the boiler thermostat he said I would consume more gasoil but I have discovered at 80 the required house temperature is reached and the boiler then works 50 pct of the time to maintain it. Am I right in thinking I use less gasoil to heat the boiler to 80 deg and have the heating working 50 pct of the time than up to 70 deg and have the heating working 100pct of the time?

You are almost certainly correct, but the only way to prove it is by measuring the consumption, which is easy to do with a gas boiler but not with an oil or LPG.

If the rads have been sized assuming an 80C temperature, then you will not be warm in very cold weather if the flow temperature is only 70C.

It's your house, so set the temperature to whatever is necessary to make you comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Hi John, yes I think you are spot on, if the...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
A
Can you supply make and model of boiler and...
Replies
Views
Back