Boiler warranty pitfalls | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler warranty pitfalls in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

No matter what warranty you think you're getting you are never going to convince the manufacturers that after years and years of running your boiler is suffering from a manufacturing fault that has taken several years to manifest itself.......... all down to luck; if they pay out at any stage you're lucky but if you are like the rest of humanity they won't pay out or accept any liability whatsoever even ten days after the install - the warranty offer is simply a sales pitch with very little substance.

No matter what warranty you think you're getting you are never going to convince the manufacturers that after years and years of running your boiler is suffering from a manufacturing fault that has taken several years to manifest itself.... all down to luck; if they pay out at any stage you're lucky but if you are like the rest of humanity they won't pay out or accept any liability whatsoever even ten days after the install - the warranty offer is simply a sales pitch with very little substance.

As a "mature" ;) home owner who has picked up a bit along the way over many years and had a little bit of experience with rudimentary plumbing and heating one way and another .. it's really frustrating to see so many totally opposing views coming from installers and customers alike. Not just here, but everywhere.

I've said it before but whether it's a Vaillant, Worcester, Baxi, Ideal, or Intergas .. there's absolutely no concensus or agreement. Each of those makes are either a heap of tat or have been fitted for the past ten years and never given a scrap of trouble.

We're told that it's all down to the quality of the instal, but then we're told that the Ideal Logic sumps leak due a design fault. Or that this or that boiler has rubber hoses or plastic bits and bobs that are bound to fail. Or that the HEX has such narrow waterways that it's only a matter of time until they clog.

The previous post assures me that any of the warranties are worthless, but elsewhere I'm told to get whatever boiler has the longest warranty. If that's not a case of conflicting opinions then I don't know what is.

Or that Vaillant/Ideal/Worcester/Intergas Customer Service stinks or that Vaillant (etc etc) Customer Service is the best ever.

I've been told not to concern myself and just have one fitted - which is one way of looking at it - but on the other hand I do actually favour (and quite enjoy) doing a bit of research to see if I can get an item that offers the best chance of getting good, reliable service from.

I bought a rowing machine recently and did a bit of online research and it was screamingly obvious that there was only one machine that everyone who knew about these things considered was the best you could buy - it's the one you see at all the gyms and is used by the national rowing team (but I don't think they're likely to head-hunt me just yet). Therefore buying a decent rowing machine was the easiest thing in the world. And having bought it - it is, indeed, the dogs danglies.

I know full well I'm not going to get a definitive answer - coz there isn't one - but I'm always keen to see what others have to say based on their experience and I value the time they give to sites like this one.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks. Surely some damage has already been...
Replies
Views
D
Worcester’s don’t have a lwps main overheat /...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
The radiator heating temperature for a...
Replies
Views
WPJ Plumbing
W
Have you passed this information onto the...
Replies
Views
Back