Boiler wont ignite after power off | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler wont ignite after power off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

It would suggest to me that there’s an issue with your 3 port valve then. If it’s not something you can do yourself safely, then you may need to call an engineer in.

Back again, something's bugging me..

So my replacement 3 port valve is on its way. Had a look at the steps involved and I was happy to take it on.

Howewer, I still have the initial issue.. The boiler wont ignite. I whack the room stat up to 25+, make sure there's 1bar pressure, and switch heating to on. The pump kicks in, makes a bit more noise than usual, but there's no burner light on the boiler when I look in the peep hole.

And none of the pipes off the boiler get hot.

So I'm assuming I have more issues than the 3 port valve..?

Maybe just easier to get the engineer round I guess.

You would be better using an accredited engineer

The signal to call for heat from the boiler comes via the three port valve.

Suggest you test the boiler call for heat by using a jumper connection

Last edited:
If your pumps running and your boiler isn't then the fault isn't likely to be your 3 port. There's only so much we can answer on here and as you've tried the few things we've suggested I think it's time get someone in.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Nest setup hi John can you send me a pic of...
Replies
Views
Jamone B
J
Back