boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the plus side there must be loads of heating work and it would keep me far enough away from the mother in law to live in peace!

Being serious tho Tamz how well are the English welcomed when moving over the border?

it took me 12 years to learn english , now speak 3 languages . do not mind learning another one if it will be for a better life for me and the family

Being serious tho Tamz how well are the English welcomed when moving over the border?

Buy a kilt and a see you jimmy hat and nobody will notice you.

Our country has a fair few white settlers from England and the further north you go the more there seems to be. We might hate you at football or rugby and don't care who beats you as long as you don't win but we are really a friendly bunch. We stopped eating people years ago :lol:

I love Scotland, got some family up there and always find people welcoming.

I'd be happy to move there!

Anybody notice the name of the house/hoos in fk1 4885_FAE100759_IMG_09_0000_max_620x414bath_house.JPG the bath house, great for a plumber!

Last edited by a moderator:
is there any natural gas or is it oil,lpg + renewable ?

We have got loads of. So much we burn it off to light up the sky at night :lol:

There are still a few villages (around 2 thousand people) in central Scotland with no mains gas. It just bypassed them and is too expensive to lay in. Lots of oil, lpg and solid fuel in the more rural places and the councils want to save the planet with air source :frown:

got a long weekend break for sale in saltcoats for six people in caravan in july if anyone interested ???

got a long weekend break for sale in saltcoats for six people in caravan in july if anyone interested ???

Some good golfing around there.
I did the petrol station next to the bus station (across from the high school) many years ago. Don't think i've been there since.

That is a hard one to learn Stan. Start with the easy ones.
Sunlight Soap

“You can use it with great pleasure and ease
Without wasting any elbow grease:
And when washing the most dirty clothes
The sweat won’t be dripping from your nose.”

William McGonagle

:lol:

yeah reading it no probs , probs will come speaking to people me think , my brother in low lives in Orkney and had no probs there at all !
but when I did my commercial we had a lad from Glasgow ........omg I had no idea what he was on about for the 1 week !
good thing was it was not just me but every one

[DLMURL="http://hprplumbingheating.co.uk/"]HPR Plumbing & Heating Services - Home, Falkirk Plumber, Falkirk Plumbers, Plumbers Falkirk Stirling, Central Heating Falkirk, Bathroom Installations Falkirk[/DLMURL]

here is a local plumber in fk1

he charges as much as I do in london for boiler service

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite happy living here in Essex, I think it greatly depends on what you want out of life and what you enjoy doing. We enjoy travel, so we have all the London airports, dining out at Michelin star restaurants. Opera, (La Traviata) 1 week ago and shows, plays etc in London.

To live too far in the sticks would have an impact on our ability to do what we enjoy easily. I'm 10 minute drive from the woods (ideal for dogging) and 20 minutes from the sea.

Don't get me wrong, I lived in London and wouldn't want to move back but I enjoy being an hour away.

I'd like to live in Edinburgh but the cost of housing there would be equivalent to London (probably).

If I had kids I think my attitude would be different. I'm not saying being down south is the be all and end all but for me I'm happy, well, its all relative as happy here as anywhere in the UK at the present.

I've not given up on the idea of a revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Edited original response, as for some reason...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
Charlotte - the noise sounds more like the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Back