Boilers in bathrooms | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilers in bathrooms in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi all,

Asked by a friend to service her boiler I came across this:

Uplands1.jpg

Installed just over 2 years ago. The door is not lockable, just a catch to open and close. There was no EP earth bonding across the pipes. The spur etc is not accessible, they're fitted elswhere. This is the original site for the previous combi...
No signs of distress or steam damage. The boiler is working perfectly! Oh! and I wouldn't exchange the boiler 2 year back as I thought it a tad close to the bath!

What would you do?

make sure your feet are dry before you service it haha,

ncs 3 count bonding may be else where, and advise to put lock on compartment door.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will check to be certain but it looks to me be installed in zone one which is not allowed

I will check to be certain but it looks to me be installed in zone one which is not allowed

Okay, just checked out Duetec; it can be fitted in zone 2 providing it doesn't have an integral timer. Anything beyond the frame of the bath to 0.6m is zone 2! Still sent shivers down my back though! What's your thoughts?

I think I'd feel the same - it just doesn't look right

its ar is there a shower over the bath,its fitted in zone 1

its ar is there a shower over the bath,its fitted in zone 1

gas man ... there was a mixer tap with shower attachment at the other end of the bath to the boiler cupboard! I was sure that this installation wasn't right, so I happen to have a Duotec fitted at home, if you check out the Duotec instalation book (P16, Fig A) Zone 1 is up to the edge of the bath and 2.25m up from the floor.. Anything 0.6m outside of that is Zone 2 and beyond that Zone 3. If the regs have changed since 2008 then so be it otherwise the boiler is actually in Zone 2! Check it out!

At the time I didn't want anything to do with replacing because of the seriously dodgy location, they got the job done anyways. I felt the need to share it here to find out your thoughts! According to the mi, however, it is not contravening any regs as far as I can make out?
DSCF0044.jpg

to me it's wrong .. Yet if I'm reading mi correctly it's perfectly okay! Do any of you know any different? Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
your spot on its wrong far to close to the bath anyway ,and a louvered door shower head aiming towards it dead custard

There is nothing actually wrong with it from a gas regs point of view as the boiler will be IPX4 rated but it is not ideal. There was a TB about this a few years back. Tell her to get a spark to check out the electrics side has an RCD fitted.

There is nothing actually wrong with it from a gas regs point of view as the boiler will be IPX4 rated but it is not ideal. There was a TB about this a few years back. Tell her to get a spark to check out the electrics side has an RCD fitted.

Cheers tamz ... It's weird how an install like this is acceptable, even without the door by the looks of the regs! IPX4? Is that some kind of water resistant thing? ... I'll mention about the RCD, not sure if it has or not.

IPX ratings are how resistant to water it is 4 means it can take a bit splashing without zapping you..............hopefully:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
Local water is close to pH 7. A professional...
Replies
Views
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
R
:D im sure they will find something
2 3
Replies
Views
Back