Ideal boilers, disgusting tactics!! | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal boilers, disgusting tactics!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me ideal are trying to claw some money back on every boiler they've sent out, reminds me of BG,s flushing scam a few years ago! I wonder if they ideal engineer is commissioned base!

I have just cancelled a ideal logic 24 + combi that I was going to install tomorrow and getting a WB 25i junior instead after reading this, I have noticed myself that Ideal customer service is going down hill fast You have a long wait now to get through on the phone to technical it used to be very reasonable, but my biggest problem was I fitted a new Logic + couple months ago that had a leak on heat exchanger and was told it would be ten days before one of there engineers could come out, this boiler was brand new never even got to fire it up, took of wall returned to merchant and exchanged for another one.
Have also heard the rumour about not honouring warranties using installation problems as excuse, but to be fair on the odd ocassion I have called them out (leak from diverter valve) they have sorted it

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seeing the new Chief Commercial Officer of Ideal on Monday 14th, and I plan to show him this thread.

I don't want to start a "flame Ideal" thread, but would be happy to discuss genuine concerns with him, and even to pass on descriptions of individual experiences, so if you have a (printable!) message for the senior management team at Ideal, please post here, or PM me if your story contains information not appropriate for the public forum.

Ray

I am seeing the new Chief Commercial Officer of Ideal on Monday 14th, and I plan to show him this thread.

I don't want to start a "flame Ideal" thread, but would be happy to discuss genuine concerns with him, and even to pass on descriptions of individual experiences, so if you have a (printable!) message for the senior management team at Ideal, please post here, or PM me if your story contains information not appropriate for the public forum.

Ray

Vaillant always were my boiler of choice, but I moved to Ideal (Logic + and Vogue) as I thought they were better value for money
Haven't fitted millions, but the ones I have, have all been good
If I have a problem with an under warranty boiler I have fitted, I would want it sorted next day (or at least a manu visit next day)
Vaillant have always been great around my neck of the woods (South East Wales) and Worcester for that matter
Will be watching this thread with interest as I have 3 to fit before Crimbo and I have specced Ideals (when my trotter gets better)
I hope the problems with Ideal were isolated and not nation wide

Have only had one issue with the, 20 or so I have installed in the past 3 years.

This was last Thursday, new Logic System 30 had no hanging bracket. Called Ideal and was on hold for Customer Service eventually hung up. Phoned local Rep (Janet Fenwick) who was on way back from Gosport, she checked in her car as she thought she had one. Called me back and arranged to meet me at the training centre at Winnersh on her way home.
So at 6pm I got my bracket, problem solved thankfully.

Thank you Ray for taking up the issue. Not only is it the distress to a 85 year old lady.Blaming an overzealous service engineer ignores the subsequent £125 demand letter, which gives credence to it being the direct result of a company policy.
Mandatory requirements should be clear and separate from recommendations. The issue of ID notices is for safety, inappropriate IDs, issued for commercial reasons, leave us all less safe.

Thank you Ray for taking up the issue. Not only is it the distress to a 85 year old lady.Blaming an overzealous service engineer ignores the subsequent £125 demand letter, which gives credence to it being the direct result of a company policy.
Mandatory requirements should be clear and separate from recommendations. The issue of ID notices is for safety, inappropriate IDs, issued for commercial reasons, leave us all less safe.

The letter is probably a standard response to the engineers ID on a boiler, not a human thing.

I've had a Vaillant engineer accuse me of taking a part off a boiler and removing it from site when I did a power flush,because I didn't know how to put it back. It was an air inlet duct twist in and one screw, not that I needed to remove it.

WB have market share more boilers more engineers, I don't think anyone comes close.

The question is ratio of engineer to product, which will alter around the country.

Tbh Ray I don't think you will get far with the commercial officer, don't think he will have much sway with the domestic techs/ engys

But worth a try

Maybe Ray pointed someone in your direction. Hope you get it all sorted with them.

Hi All

as promised in an earlier post, I did bring this up with Tim Broadhurst, CCO of Ideal Boilers.

The delay in posting the response is all my fault - nothing to do with Tim.

His response is:

TimBroadhurst said:
Ideal stand 100% behind their warranty commitments, but stress the importance of a high quality installation from a Gas-safe registered engineer, and regular annual servicing in order to validate the warranty.

I don't know Tim well - it was the first time we met - but I have no reason to do anything other than take that statement at face value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.
A standard reply then (as i expected) even when the warranty issue is unrelated to why they refuse to honour it ??

Nope!
2 WEEKS ON AND HEARD NOTHING.
Really keen I say, wheres matt alright?

Just blame the installer and not to there installation spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
A new flue is a must. You should have boiler...
Replies
Views
with claims like that and that price. tell you...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Back