Bosch 36V SDS drill | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bosch 36V SDS drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi there, A bit of a random question :)

I'm after buying a Bosch 36v SDS drill after having a play with a sparks one on site. I was going to get the hilti te7a but its a bit too expensive for me plus they dont seem to be as reliable as the hilti's of old. A couple of work mates have them and have had to have them fixed on several occasions.

Anyway, I wanted to know where the Bosch 36V was made. If anyone has one i would be ever so greatfull to know. It will say somewhere on the body of the drill. The reason i ask is the spark on site said they moved production of it too China now, im not sure whether he actually knew this for sure. But i would be interested to see where some of the people on here that have them are made, as i would rather get an older swiss or germany (wherever there made) if this is the case.

thanks in advance!

p.s im on about the full size 36v bosch sds, not the smaller compact version.

isnt everything apart fm milwarkee chinese, they even going to make range rovers soon

Thanks for the replys, Yes Milwaukee's stuff is all Chinese. There is deffiantly good stuff coming out of China though so im not suprised to hear you say its a good bit of kit TB.

But me personally, I wouldn't buy something like this without having a play with it in person (ooh err)

And it seems no where near me sells the 28v Milwaukee range. On paper it deffinatly looks superior power wise but after having a play with the Bosch 36v im set on that now. Also, i know about 10 people that have them and none of them have broken them.

milwaukee isnt chinese, its made in germany like AEG

I wouldn't be so sure about that Milwaukee and AEG and a few other brands like Ryobi are part of Techtronic Industries (TTI), a chinese company. I'm sure the vast majority of both AEG and Milwaukee tools are made in China now.

i can only say whats written on mine

Yes, Sorry i should have said, TTI only bought Milwaukee and AEG in 2004 and slowly started moving production to China. I'm sure all there tools are now currently made in china though.

I would be suprised if you bought a new Milwaukee tool that still said made in Germany, how old is it?

Last edited:
Yes, Sorry i should have said, TTI only bought Milwaukee and AEG in 2004 and shortly started moving production to China. I'm sure all the there tools are now currently made in china though.

I would be suprised if you bought a new Milwaukee tool that still said made in Germany, how old is it?
bout three years now, are there any tools not made in china ?

bout three years now, are there any tools not made in china ?

yep, festool, metabo, fein, hilti, a few bosch pro tools are still made in switzerland and germany, certain makita tools.

Most of the big tool giants make their tools in quite a few differnet countrys though.

I have a Bosch 36v and it's the best money I ever spent, outstanding piece of kit... Sparky I was working with sold his hilti to get a Bosch...

What's the fascination with German build quality, it isn't what it once was. Also a lot of things are assembled in Germany using parts manufacturered from all over.

having said that, I've got a 36v Bosch full size and its been a work horse and never let me down. Can't say I look after drills either to be honest, mix plaster with it and all sorts and still going strong. You get the extended warranty with the Bosch pro stuff to which is 3 years I think. Bought mine when it first came out about 5-6 years ago.

Last edited:
me thinks its all made in china and final assembly usa/germany where they put a plug on it:wink_smile:

milwaukee stuff is made mainly in germany and the usa, but as with most other tool manufactures the parts are from all over including china.

bosch test its products for a min of two years before allowing it to go near a shop, which is why they are some times slow to keep up with trends.

the bosch 36v drill is very good, i tend to find the weakness with bosch cordless tools is the batteries as they seem to fail faster than other brands (had this on more than a few bosch tools), but you do get that with lion batts in general and they charge alot for replacement batts. they do make the best sds drill's for the money imo.

one of my bosch 36v batts failed after about 10 charges but because it was just over 12 months old they refused to fix/replace it. very poor.

if i could afford it id get the hilti. i know a few lads with the large bosch 36v sds and it gets mixed views.

Just FYI, I checked my new milwaukee drill and batteries, both made in Germany.

I had problems with 7 out of 8 bosch batteries I had (18 and 24v) which is why I moved to milwaukee. Not had a single problem with any of the stuff I have (10 tools and 8 batteries not inc the new sds)

i used some one elses 18v aeg sds drill recently and it was very nice to use light and seemed powerfull ive not found my bosch 24v lacking and my bats lasted a good 5 years

Thanks for the reply's people :wink5:

Im not any closer in deciding what to buy. It seems every one i ever like the look of there is always atleast someone that has had bad experiences with it, but i think that will always be the way.

I may have to go and have a look at the Milwaukee i reckon TB, it does look a beast.

It's funny because if you look on amazon.com (US site) theres more people complaining that those 28volt Milwaukee batt's than any other manufacturer. Alot of people where complaining of them dieing very prematurely.

I dont think this Lithium-ion is all its cracked up to be, Saying that, i've used makita's LXT stuff since it came out and not had one battery fail me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

K
I popped into my local tool shop last weeek...
Replies
Views
Kev the gas
K
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Titan!
Replies
Views
Makita would be my advice bud I use my sds for...
Replies
Views
Back