Botched kitchen tap plumbing in a new build? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Botched kitchen tap plumbing in a new build? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do my best to give the best advice I can mate. Everyone has a different opinion and everyone has there own way of doing things. Some right and some wrong. That's why it's good to have the forum. Even though I am just a pup even old dogs learn new tricks every now and again.
No you are generally ok HF, wasn't referring to this thread on it's own.

No you are generally ok HF, wasn't referring to this thread on it's own.
No worries mate. Would not want to give the impression to people that I thought of myself as the high almighty. As I do not. I am always happy to learn and be educated.:):D

Harvest, it isn't anything about you that RPM is talking about.
You are doing an exellent job.
I think it is the DIYers and the odd posts that have raised concerns

No worries mate. Would not want to give the impression to people that I thought of myself as the high almighty. As I do not. I am always happy to learn and be educated.:):D
Glad to hear that, those people soon get shot down on open forums. Every day a skool day eh?

Harvest, it isn't anything about you that RPM is talking about.
You are doing an exellent job.
I think it is the DIYers and the odd posts that have raised concerns
You've hit the nail on the head mate.
Been shopping lately?

You've hit the nail on the head mate.
Been shopping lately?

Lol! Yes, I found the best shop!!
The staff are very knowledgable, as you said.
Thank Tootsie from me for the info. ;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: rpm
Long & short is, surprise surprise, B&Q havent got a clue.

When you buy your new tap make sure its WRAS approved rather than cheap crap, pipe it correctly, make sure it's suitable for your hot water system pressure & fit good quality (e.g. Pegler) full bore isolating valves so future maint takes minutes.

HTH

In my opinion, that kind of unhelpful response just makes people feel we're money grabbing knuckle draggers. An image we're all trying to combat.
By trying to educate & help people they, hopefully, see that what we do so effortlessly is not as simple as it appears and therefore worth investing in using a professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, a plumber is going to fit a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sometimes you worry me. That isn't how you...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
I will just add this. There is a clause that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, I'll give that a try and see how it goes.
Replies
Views
Back