Bristan bar shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bristan bar shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

Above shower gas no hot water.

The hot side is burning but only cold exits. I took shower off wall & water is fine.

I tried to get the valves off the shower to look for a blockage (Toxic Ted) but they won't budge.

Any tips?

Cheers

Rct

For the Bristan bar valve you have four options:-
1. The existing cart is plastic, should come out easily, the replacement cart is a 00622415.
2. You have a brass cart that looks identical to the new plastic cart, these can be very tight to get out, you need good pair of grips or correct size socket and try not to force pipework too much if still connected to wall, then just pop new palastic cart in. The new cart is also a 00622415.
3. The cart is secured by a brass slip ring, again correct socket or grips and once this is removed the cart pulls out, you then need an 06734b cart
4. The cart has an Allen key underneath, this is removed and then the cart pulls out.
My suspicion is that you have No 2 above, it does take a lot of force to remove but I havent failed yet!
The link below may help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL7P9jBymPM
Dont forget that for £ 89.00 Bristan will come out and replace the cart for you, VAT, labour and parts included.
Dave

Upvote 0
Sounds like you have No 2 in my suggestion, the cart really can be very tight. If you have an old piece of 3/4" mild steel pipe with a thread on the end try screwing that into the cold inlet and then lay the bar mixer and pipe on the ground. You can then get a really good purchase on the cart to undo it.
Dave

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Left looking at the mixer is the usual side...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
  • Question
I've just read your thread. Most decent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You could try contacting Bristan - most mixer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back