shower bar mixer not producing hot water | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss shower bar mixer not producing hot water in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hello all, happy new year!

i hope i have posted this in the right section

i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold, it was freezing cold. i wanted to find out how to get it hot. as an FYI, all other water facilities run piping hot, from kitchen sink to hand basins. this is the only one that doesn't. also i felt the inlet pipe of the bar mixer and that was hot. so it must be the bar mixer. any ideas on how to adjust

thanks

Last edited:
Have you got a thermometer ? That you could check the temp ?

Upvote 0
hi Shaun, i had a thought. has boiler pressure got anything to do with it? when i got the loft extension in 2020/21 i think my boiler was set to 1.5bar. then i had some radiator work done, including a power flush and it was set at 1.2. i remember the plumber saying that 1.2-1.5 is fine. however, then the shower was out of action and i just kept it at 1.2 ever since. now shower is back, i'm wondering if bar pressure needs reviewing. it's around 1.1 at the moment

Upvote 0
No above 1 bar is fine either way

Upvote 0
Your shower is limited to 48dc with tolerance so about 10dc higher than body temp does that feel about right ?

Upvote 0
Degrees c

Upvote 0
Degrees c
hello Shaun, i found one of those thermometers you use in your mouth when are ill. here are my findings:

when i turn on the rainfall shower and keep the thermo dial central, it measures 34 degrees. when i turn the thermo dial up, i get 40.2d when the shower is left running for a minimum 3 minutes. however, when i tested the hand shower, it went off the scale, which confirms that the handheld is hotter than rainfall, but it could be by a degree, so it could be 41 or 42. hope this helps

Upvote 0
It definitely sounds like the shower is regulating or it’s lost a few degrees c in the riser to the rain head etc

Upvote 0
It definitely sounds like the shower is regulating or it’s lost a few degrees c in the riser to the rain head etc
hi Shaun, i think i worked it out. something in the back of my mind went PING! and i went back to the shower to try something. when i let the shower run, like above, i placed the thermometer at the top of the shower head to get that reading. it reached 41d + and then the thermometer went off the scale! just like the hand held. the operative word in this is "rainfall!" as the water is falling its losing temperature. I was measuring it around lower chest height. the shower head is around 6ft, and i'm 5 8". so my lower chest is roughly 5ft. as the rainfall shower is not a "jet" like a handheld it is not going to be piping hot and has a distance to fall. i know it sounds "out there" but it must be that. so shower is correct, temperature is correct. How does that sound?

Upvote 0
Yep sounds like it’s cooling and the added effect of it being winter (cooler cold water) it’s making it even more of a drastic difference

Upvote 0
hi Shaun, i think i worked it out. something in the back of my mind went PING! and i went back to the shower to try something. when i let the shower run, like above, i placed the thermometer at the top of the shower head to get that reading. it reached 41d + and then the thermometer went off the scale! just like the hand held. the operative word in this is "rainfall!" as the water is falling its losing temperature. I was measuring it around lower chest height. the shower head is around 6ft, and i'm 5 8". so my lower chest is roughly 5ft. as the rainfall shower is not a "jet" like a handheld it is not going to be piping hot and has a distance to fall. i know it sounds "out there" but it must be that. so shower is correct, temperature is correct. How does that sound?
I've just read your thread. Most decent quality thermostatic shower valves can have the hot temperature increased slightly, normally by removing a handle and moving it on the splines, there should be details in the fitting instructions or online. Victorian or Victoria plumbing are terrible quality, cheap Chinese that looks good in an advert!

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
dear all, i would like to wish you a happy new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This question, word for word, has already been...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This might be of interest...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer...
Replies
Views
Back