Brown water for 2-3 seconds | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Brown water for 2-3 seconds in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Please forgive my lack of knowledge but I thought i'd ask if anyone would have any idea on how to locate the following problem. I have had dynorod out who 'drained down?' tanks but to no avail:

Problem:
in an upstairs bathroom when I run the hot and cold sink taps i get brown water for 2-3 seconds then it runs clear. I also get this brown water in the toilet and brown water that drips from the bottom of my electric shower( I see the stains on the tiles). It does not appear that the brown water comes out the shower head nor the bath hot and cold taps. I do not use the shower ( Mira model) due to the drip as I think no water should drip from it. The water that drips appears to from inside the casing rather than any valve underneath.

there are three bathrooms, no issues on any other water supplies or showers.
There is a hot water tank next to the bathroom in question which is heated from the boiler downstairs and a cold water tank in the loft. House is 17 years old. The second shower/bathroom takes a feed from the hot water tank I am led to believe and there is no brown water.

When we moved in 1 year ago we got dynorod out and they drained down the tank in the loft but to no avail and they left. this time I am trying to narrow down the issue so that I can ask dynorod to resolve prior to an agreement coming to an end.

If a pipe is rusting, is there a way to detect where it is? or do you think there is a rusty pipe and there is nothing that can be done until it bursts?

Maybe with the combination of events above someone may be able to shed some light on a possible problem and where it may lie.

Many thanks for taking the time to read.

Had a look in my cold water tank once again. All clear, even a wee swipe at the bottom to check but all clean. Here is onto dynorod once again but I really do not think they will be able to solve it.

IMG_20180826_195450214.jpg

Or maybe the taps are knackerd? Would you get brown water out a tap if it was corroded inside? Think they are cheap but look good (first plumber to have a look had to replace some plastic bit underneath that stopped them from turning 90 degrees) said they were cheap taps.!

could be residue left over

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I used wd40’s silicone spray version
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not to my knowledge but they're not things I...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am glad that you got rid of the smell :)
Replies
Views
Back