Buget Boilers.... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Buget Boilers.... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluemoonstan

Hi everyone. What boilers do people recommend for those on a budget? fitted a few vailant but people want cheaper nowadays..

main i only fit potterton heat max(BAXI duotec 1 in disguise but there not the cheapest)if someone wants cheaper the main is very close to the heatmax anyway price wise

The logic is a great budget boiler. I would highly recommend them. And they do a lovely easy to use easy to fit wireless programmable stat.

i fitted the cheaper ideal one for £450 and the customer was well happy considering i quoted for an intergas

intergas is not a budget boiler imho

Only one i have seen was hanging on a stand in Plumblines (plumbase). Technically a good boiler but too obscure and poor back up in Scotland. Not many fitted up this way. Not that cheap either.

intergas is not a budget boiler imho

It is compared to WB or Vaillant, Baxi to name a few.
I was surprised how cheap they are compared to these, lets just hope they are as good as people say though.
£70 dearer than the Logic and £300 cheaper than WB.

Last edited:
I know. I have fitted 7 of them now and i am quite impressed :lol:
You've kept that under your kilt a bit haven't you?! 7 logics?! If you listen very carefully you can hear gasman sharpening his axe!

It is compared to WB or Vaillant, Baxi to name a few. Yes you are right because they are robbing gits the first two , I have found the intergas good myself

will probably try glow worm next see how they are as i am a club energy member now so can get benefits

potterton heatmax £565 flue and clock all in from pts thats what ive been getting them for

am the same as gasman potterton heatmax and for landlords i go for the new gloworm betacom A 28kw £499+vat

I have said the Logic and Logic+ is a good boiler since it came out and the independent is a cheaper alternative but basically the same boiler with less warranty. I see a trend of ideal converts emerging.

Ps I have changed 2 chocolate worcester fans this week both less than 5 years old

Last edited:
ive been fitting them on contract and also fitted a few espirit 2 aswells, the icos older brother

how much are the intergas ones,boiler,flue,clock.
i,m a veissmann man,but little pricy for l/lords

My local PTS are doing the Alpha Intec 24X and flue for £499!!

I can buy Intergas 24 for just short of £800 with std flue no clock.#
But to be honest with the results and performance I have had I would pay more.
I will certainly never buy worcester ever again Full of plastic leaking stuff and I have bad times with many Baxi/main even though I have never fitted any.
My theory is
Budget Ideal independant
Mediocre Logic or +
Quality Intergas

when i went on the ideal course on monday the trainer was sure the independant was a rebadged logic for certain suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
I’ve heard the gloworm compact is a good one...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Who are you all using for the above...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Check to see on which pipe the pump is on, the...
Replies
Views
Back