Can a HW cylinder be used as primary heat source for CH only? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can a HW cylinder be used as primary heat source for CH only? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

UK
Hi, I would like to know if a HWC can be used as a primary heat source for a new central heating system. My idea is to heat the water in the cylinder in advance for space heating, then use a circulating pump to distribute around the home in radiators. The cylinder will contain radiator water though so unsure if this would be an issue?

The HW in the property is already on another cylinder. I know it seems unusual but the two cylinders I have have are Heat Pumps and have back up heating elements.

Thanks for any advise

Thermal store fits the bill but don’t forget you will have to run the store hotter than your design temp for the rads normally around 10c for distortion

Similar plumbing topics

G
Replies
Views
I would set the internal bypass to its max...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
What he said. Looks like 15mm copper conns...
Replies
Views
Back