Not enough hot water if UF heating is running at same time time as HW | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Not enough hot water if UF heating is running at same time time as HW in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Edit: Rads returns should be 60C, with 70C boiler temp, (I copied wrong cell) but calcs are basically quite correct.

DHW sheet attached
1644503024943.png

Actually I see that there are rads in the above system so I just inputted a few numbers in my spreadsheet which may (or may not) be interesting.
Assuming UFH demand only of 10kw only requires a boiler circ pump flowrate of 4.48LPM@70C, this means the boiler will run with a dT of 32C, maybe problematic for some makes?. the only other remarkable is if the boiler temp is either reduced to 45C or the point that you are all making, that it has fired up from cold and hasn't become > 45C so the boiler pump circ rate would have to be 44.4LPM v/vs 28.4LPM with boiler temp at 70C (all 3 systems calling), hence the slow cyl warm up time or whatever?.

1644501129036.png

1644501077665.png

1644501019175.png

1644500977366.png

1644500938623.png

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

They were quite accurate IMO and might look...
Replies
Views
I have that feeling, I will get some one to...
Replies
Views
What is the cylinder thermostat set to?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
Back