Can I claim againest a compression fitting that burst? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I claim againest a compression fitting that burst? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a daikin twin split R407 10kw compressor costing 1200 notes brought from climet cent, I put it in and stright away there was no compression. Would they do anythink no they told me to take it up with the manafuc I thought this was bad from a big firm that I payed for the product!

I had a daikin twin split R407 10kw compressor costing 1200 notes brought from climet cent, I put it in and stright away there was no compression. Would they do anythink no they told me to take it up with the manafuc I thought this was bad from a big firm that I payed for the product!

sale of goods act 1979, you hit the supplier first and its their problem to deal with manufacturer, seems unfair at times but thats the law.

I know they was haven none of it and it was for a server room so was in a rush! At least dakian were good at sorting a new one for me but I still lost a days pay haven to re install not good!

If there's one thing to be taken from this thread, I think it's the need to be circumspect about the fittings you purchase, i.e. who are they made by, and where.

The well known brands might cost a bit more than the "generic" (Chinese) version, but if paying a bit extra reduces the risk of getting lumbered as the OP has, it's probably well worth it.

If there's one thing to be taken from this thread, I think it's the need to be circumspect about the fittings you purchase, i.e. who are they made by, and where.

The well known brands might cost a bit more than the "generic" (Chinese) version, but if paying a bit extra reduces the risk of getting lumbered as the OP has, it's probably well worth it.

And if its a well know brand then they tend to be good at given you a replacement

And if its a well know brand then they tend to be good at given you a replacement

To be fair to the Chinese they are by means the worst for manufacturing sub-standard products, some of the stainless steel goods imported from India are absolute rubbish.

Personally, I don't think we should allow any imported merchandise in unless it meets a certain standard, which would give reputable manufacturer's a better chance.

To be fair to the Chinese they are by means the worst for manufacturing sub-standard products...

This is very true. There is nothing instrisically low quality about chinese manufacturing. Its all about the original design and spec, quality of components and materials used, and the manufacturing quality control imposed by the brand owner.

I have seen rubbish products made in Britain, and excellent products made in China.

The problems occur when brand owners subcontract production or purchase finished product without checking all those things first, or where careless re-sellers purchase products from importers without understanding what they are buying. I don't mind admitting that I have caught a cold in this respect once or twice. Mostly these mistakes get corrected before they get out of the warehouse. :)

I still remember that the first container of pottery we imported (20+ years ago) had no chain-stay hole in the 2 hole basins. Our fault - we didn't specify them, and in the country of origin, they didn't use plugs and chains.

Is this where our freebies come from rat?:)

tee hee.

Next freebie - 240 4 piece sets of indian ivory sanitary ware (genuine antique!) errr... without chain-stay holes.

Only kidding, before some smart alecs clutter up my inbox.

Wow thanks to everyone for their truly helpful comments.
it sounds like I won't get anywhere but I will try the politely worded letter route to the supplier and manufacture.
Looking forward to being a member of this forum.

Sam

personally i may be inclined to go straight to the insurer, tell and show what happened. then let them do the donkey work trying to claim against the manufacturers using their lawyers.

its what you pay them for.

if they just cough up then sorted!..

personally i may be inclined to go straight to the insurer, tell and show what happened. then let them do the donkey work trying to claim against the manufacturers using their lawyers.

its what you pay them for.

if they just cough up then sorted!..
i agree. it's what you pay insurance for after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Just a little something from experience. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
This is one of those 'it was alright before...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is it the same tightness as the cold if so I...
Replies
Views
Back