Can I fit a boiler, and then have it certified by a qualified gas fitter? | Boilers | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I fit a boiler, and then have it certified by a qualified gas fitter? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray has been at home installing his boiler on the side :)

You are kidding right? I am that guy who knows all the theory, but lacks the practical skills to unpack the box.

If I attempted DIY more complex than hanging a picture or planting a few million bulbs, Mrs S would be straight on the phone to the emergency services.

Here's a transcript of the last call:

Operator: Police, Fire or Ambulance?

Mrs S: Its Mrs S here. Mr S is attempting DIY again.

Operator: <shouts> CODE BLACK - CODE BLACK. All units, I repeat CODE BLACK. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

dfdf.jpg

No wonder all the hospitals are in state black round here, they heard Ray was diying. re opening the box, no bugger has managed that one yet with the ones you post out Ray.

The “rip off" comment was harsh, but it was ment as a joke... I apologise for any offence I may have caused to anyone. That said I’ll repeat the first line of my thread the Question was (I Wondered not intend) and was given the answer of a simple no by some, and for that I thank you. I thank all those who simply answered with that reply. I got (shall we say confused) with some of the answers of “My fee would be £800” and “let’s go 50-50 and to take half of the blame”. These where quite funny and I did have a giggle, which is why I replied with my rip off comment. It seems it was not taken in the same light; perhaps I touched a nerve lol.
On reflection I maybe didn’t make myself very clear. So I’ll attempt to clarify my original question. I have acquired some land in the Scottish highlands, and when I retire from serving my country and protecting its entire people “including GAS FITTERS well most of them” that was a joke by the way; I have plans to build a log cabin.
I have absolutely no intention of touching anything that concerns in anyway gas. My intention after taking advice was to install if allowed the rads and associated water pipes, under floor heating pipes and electrics as I build.
It was never about the money .It was about drilling four bloody holes in the wall! I always intended to employ the services and advice( and pay for ha-ha) a gas engineer to advise me of the best system to install, and for the gas engineer to do any and all work associated work with the gas and boiler side and any electrics. So my original question was, and (this it seems is where I cocked up) could I just simply hang the boiler on the wall. That was it really. I certainly have no intention of touching anything to do with the gas side what so ever, as I fully understand that is where you guys are needed.
As for Mr Coppie’s qoute.... I'm giving you 24 hours to retract your rip off comment.

If I see nothing by 2130hrs tomorrow I WILL remove your account.

Clocks tickin....

WTF was that.
Maybe Mr Coppie you should check some of the comments on this thread again, and give them the same ultimatum. Generally guys I loved comments, really funny and if you like a bit of banter visit our navy site Blue Jokes | Navy Net - Royal Navy Community. You will quickly realize us subbies are as mad as you lot.
Finally, I’m currently based in HMS Faslane Helensburgh Scotland. If anyone would like to take a tour on my little yellow sub, I would be more than happy to arrange it (that is when we are in port and not out chasseing those pesky Russians) and show you around. Maybe you might like to have a play with my little turbine ha-ha.
Bye the way Mr Coppie..
You now have 24hrs to retract your head from you @hole. If not then I press the big RED BUTTEN and then we are all fecked hahahahahahaha!!!

A gas engineer, david beckham and kirsty gallagher have a night out. On exiting the night club at 3am kirsty trps and gets her head stuck in some railings.the gas engineer takes full advantage (no change there) raises her mini skirt and lowers her panties. And gives her a good rogering. On finishing he turns to beckham and say's your turn. Whereupon beckham bursts into tears. Whats wrong say's the gas engineer. "i won't get my head through those railings cries beckham..

A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

DoNotFeedT.png

Please do not feed the trolls.

Fair play to the fella, can't beat a bit of banter. The reason for some of the more prickly posts are down to the general public thinking we're all millionaires, and that are job is easy. We get post after post like this, to save money and to hell with safety. We obviously miss took you for one of "those"

hayjay your swearing may be acceptable in your sardine tin but it is not on here. i see you apologised as requested but then took it away later on in your post. goodbye.

Well, the grey area has been erased - he was a complete @rsehole after all.
He backtracked faster than a smackheads giro!
With all those qualifications, it's a shame he never learnt to spell things like quote, button, chasing and Croppie.

I thought his back tracking was quite convincing, one of the better types of those posters. At least he had a decent come back. Farewell hayjay.

After all that it was for a plot of land in the Scottish highlands. Probably doesnt even have gas :)

He wasnt too bad really.
He started off a bit on the wrong foot but at least he accepted what we said and sort of come around.....

Next time you lot go for a dip in the sea you might be torpedoed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
The boiler is just responding by limiting the...
Replies
Views
Have you got more than CCN1? You would need...
Replies
Views
Back