Can I return an ordered boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I return an ordered boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizme

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi

Been put in a tricky situation today. I had ordered a bolier for a customer from a supplier but due to miscommunication the customer did not purchase the boiler from my supplier as I had advised but went and bought the same boiler elsewhere. My supplier was not to happy about this and started ranting and raving about surcharges of 50% of the cost of the boiler that I would have to entail. He has also threatened me with getting a court order to remove the radiators from the customers property (which have been paid for) if myself or the customer do not pay for the ordered boiler.

Is it possible to get a refund on ordered boilers and do you know if there is a surcharge for returns?

Hi

Been put in a tricky situation today. I had ordered a bolier for a customer from a supplier but due to miscommunication the customer did not purchase the boiler from my supplier as I had advised but went and bought the same boiler elsewhere. My supplier was not to happy about this and started ranting and raving about surcharges of 50% of the cost of the boiler that I would have to entail. He has also threatened me with getting a court order to remove the radiators from the customers property (which have been paid for) if myself or the customer do not pay for the ordered boiler.

Is it possible to get a refund on ordered boilers and do you know if there is a surcharge for returns?
there will be a restocking charge but you within your rights as a consumer to change your mind your supplier sounds like a right muppet

I have had no luck with the merchant today. He has got a confirmation from keston in regards non return of the boiler. I just want to see if any one out here wants a Keston C55 boiler unpacked, brand new. Let me know what sort of price you can offer and I will try and arrange for the delivery as well.

I have had no luck with the merchant today. He has got a confirmation from keston in regards non return of the boiler. I just want to see if any one out here wants a Keston C55 boiler unpacked, brand new. Let me know what sort of price you can offer and I will try and arrange for the delivery as well.

Change merchants, don't know how much trade you do with them but everything you have taken from them in the past they have made a profit on.

If they aren't willing to be a little flexible then walk away.

If rads are paid for who is going to issue a court order to remove them? No one that's who.

Tough one.
As mentioned, how you handle issue would depend on your past relationship with merchant and wither you really want keep the relationship going.
To be honest they do sound to be spouting a load of rubbish.

Offer them a reasonable charge for inconvenience etc. and if they start on you just walk away giving them nothing.

Unfortunately I think you would need to almost give a Keston away to get rid of it.

If you have it then you haven't just ordered it you have taken delivery of it.
Your merchant is entitled to charge a restocking charge and it will usually be on his T&C's but this is a discretionary thing (usually based on how much they would loose if they P you off) as to if it is applied.
Some special order stuff will have a high restocking charge (which he should have advised you of at the time of ordering) and i would think a C55 would be a special order as normally no one will touch it with a stick so it sounds like you are stuck with it. You either keep it and sell it on or take the hit on the charge.
The merchant sounds like a bawbag so go elsewhere in the future.

I will agree with the barge pole on the Keston but the merchant is not a fair as he could be with the 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Thanks will try this out, appreciate the help
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
Seemed so, for that first half hour. House had...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Back