Can I Run This Commercial Quote Past You Guys?? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I Run This Commercial Quote Past You Guys?? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

This is my first commercial quote for fitting a couple of 65KW Worcester GB162s. I went to have a look at the job today and it seems quite a straightforward one to be honest. There are 2x Keston 55KW boilers in there at the moment, side by side in a plant room. Both fed from a 42mm gas pipe teeing off down to 22mm for each boiler.

Existing boilers have condensate connections through walls and they will be flued straight through the external wall on 80/125 horizontal flues.

No isolation valves on the primary pipework into the low loss header so we were going to freeze the pipework and fit them to avoid any draining down of both heating circuits and the hot water circuit to the cylinder.

It's a competitive quote against 2 other companies locally. They want us to supply and fit the boilers and the pump group set for each one.

Cost price to me for the boilers and pump sets is £3,300 each. With sundry materials and a 10% markup on the lot I get to £3,914 materials per boiler. I've put down for £750 + VAT for installing each boiler so total per boiler is £4,814 for a total of £9,628 inc. VAT.

Does that sound fair/too low/too high? Really want to get this job as it would be a decent commercial job to start our portfolio off and make it worthwhile doing the commercial gas course too (would pay for it).

Thanks for all advice,

Keiran.

3.6 Clean Air Act
The act applies to gas fired appliance installations exceeding 366.4 kW total gross heat input. It specifies requirements for chimney heights for open flued, mechanical flued and room sealed appliance installations.

so dont need to worrie about it

Thanks Shaun,

Circuit pumps are all on the right hand side of that wall, should be on the photos.

I got the price for the boilers online but looks like I can get them a lot cheaper.

Waiting to hear back on Monday I think!

Cylinder is in the same room yes, basically a domestic hot water circuit in 22mm off the LLH.

Curious why you would use press fit? Just to avoid setting off fire alarms and needing hot work permit??

Keiran.

hi croft sorry about getting here late
few questions

wheres the pumps for the circuits (not the shunt pumps) ?

i wouldn't freeze it, as its going to be a pita with a llh (always moving)

close the two red gate valves, they should work good yorkshire valves, cylinder in the same room? by the looks it is maybe

pop the heads off the actuators (marking which one is which) and turn them to bypass (return)turn the pump valves off

open the bottom lever valve on the llh (drain) should be drain but might be expansion vessel, also at this time replace llh top and bottom flange gaskets

you should be fine now and fit lever valve straight onto the llh flow and lockshield gate valves on llh return

and if boilers were combined eg one flow and return would need to be increase but as there separated 42mm is fine

would use pressfit tbh

price for boilers and shunt pumps seem high where did you get the price from bss??

also would think about 1k to install would be fine

cant see any pumps in the pic other than the one for they cylinder

if you mean the pumps are the black boxes no there control valves / actuators

and thats good

yes as you will need to stay an hour after you finish and fill in the hot works permit

and tbh its faster and less hassle doesnt matter if theres water in

Sorry mate just checked the pictures again. 2x heating pumps can't be seen on the pics but they are at high level just out of sight above the boilers. Definitely in the room, remember seeing them!

Sorry mate just checked the pictures again. 2x heating pumps can't be seen on the pics but they are at high level just out of sight above the boilers. Definitely in the room, remember seeing them!

thats fine :) you would surprised how many i see just going off the boiler shunts

hope you get it as looks like an easy change

you have done your commercial already tho?

Nah I have it all lined up if I get the job though! Just have to make sure I pass it all!

Didn't want to shell out for it until I got my first decent commercial job tbh.

TBH didn't even know it was a commercial quote when they asked me as initially they wanted 1x65Kw boiler so sounded like could be done on domestic ticket. Totally forgot to mention the one sitting next to it.

Does the system work properly with no pumps on the heating circuits and just shunt pumps then?

be careful last time i went for my re up it took 3 months for the quals and new card to be issued from gas safe

and they normally do best response i got is

o that one is for back up only so doesnt run, so we dont class it as working

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Drive yourself mad with a challenge. Break...
Replies
Views
Back