Can someone explain how my boiler works!? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can someone explain how my boiler works!? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - tamz / sparky thanks for the replies.
The reason I suggested getting the Worcester guy back out was that when he originally came (under warranty) he did a lot of fiddling with the wiring i.e. disconnecting/reconnecting etc to find a diagnosis so it is feasible that he reconnected things incorrectly. Would the warranty cover putting a "non-boiler thing" that the Worcester engineer caused?

Yeah right

Hmmm I was afraid of that! I'll get someone in - thank you all for your help / advice. I'll let you know what happens.
Matt

good luck you want some one who will spend x amount of hours belling out and who might say dust on the contacters £200 please people are very reluctant to pay for fault tracing consider buying some new gear it maybe cheaper to rip out and start again not what people want to hear and just a view you can consider or dismiss

sounds like you have a fault/wiring issue with your system,also sounds like the worcester guy went above and beyond to try to help you but now your pointing the finger and blaming him for his helpfulness,he did not have to help you he could have said its not a product problem sir and a big bill would have been sent your way,instead he tried to sort your problem,but you sir can not see this,get a engineer in,but recognize the fact someones tried to help you,people like this a very few and far between

sounds like you have a fault/wiring issue with your system,also sounds like the worcester guy went above and beyond to try to help you but now your pointing the finger and blaming him for his helpfulness,he did not have to help you he could have said its not a product problem sir and a big bill would have been sent your way,instead he tried to sort your problem,but you sir can not see this,get a engineer in,but recognize the fact someones tried to help you,people like this a very few and far between

Hi Gasman - I am not blaming the Worcester engineer and am certainly not pointing any fingers at anyone. I merely raised the possibility that he COULD have rewired it incorrectly after diagnosing that it was an electrical problem and if that was the case then if it would be reasonable to get him back and sort it. However it seems from all the other helpful responses that this would not be reasonable so I'm going to get an engineer in. The original engineer was an absolute legend and very helpful and clearly loved his job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ditto

Can I just reiterate that I really am not blaming anyone for this especially the Worcester engineer - he did not have to go the extra mile to diagnose the problem and I am very grateful to him - he has no doubt saved a lot of time, trouble and expense for me...I just wondered if he had wired it back wrong - which I think is potentially feasible and IF that was the case whether he would sort it out - which I now understand would not be reasonable of me to expect. I did not know that the controls/wiring was not part of his remit - if I had known I would have not suggested getting him back!
I am not pointing any fingers! I just want advice which is what I've got so thank you very much!
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I was unable to create a second account for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
Suggest changing the Kw from Auto to 6kw, also...
Replies
Views
Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
Back