Can TF1 filter be installed in flow pipe? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can TF1 filter be installed in flow pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although they are primarily there to protect the boiler, better one fitted somewhere than not at all. They don't catch all the carp in one pass anyway so whether it is fitted to the return or not, if there is crud in the system, it will go through the boiler.
Still it should be on the return to give it more of a chance.
Understandwhat you are saying tamz, but fitting a spirotech magnabooster in particular on the flow would be near enough useless. By design they catch most of the crap by way of a vortex system, so must be fitted the way it was designed- On the return. I dare say other products such as the TF1 by design might work on the flow to a degree but as far as I am concerned it would be pointless and unprofessional to knowingly fit this in contradiction to the instructions

We had to fit one on the flow last year, after a decent powerflush on the system. The Magnaclean can be fitted on either and takes up less room so we use those unless we know we have 2.5m of pipework to cut into!

We had to fit one on the flow last year, after a decent powerflush on the system. The Magnaclean can be fitted on either and takes up less room so we use those unless we know we have 2.5m of pipework to cut into!

2.5M OF PIPE WORK TO CUT INTO ??????why not use spiro ?????

Understandwhat you are saying tamz, but fitting a spirotech magnabooster in particular on the flow would be near enough useless. By design they catch most of the crap by way of a vortex system, so must be fitted the way it was designed- On the return. I dare say other products such as the TF1 by design might work on the flow to a degree but as far as I am concerned it would be pointless and unprofessional to knowingly fit this in contradiction to the instructions

By design they capture most of their crap using a magnet!! This would work on the flow AND return. While obviosuly it is better on the flow, it is suitable on the return. Magnaclean's own instructions for these state that the return is 'best practice' and the flow is 'suitable'.

suitable (ˈsuːtəb ə l, ˈsjuːt-) adj appropriate; proper; fit

So given that people keep saying that the manufacturer specifically says not to, read again. Suitable means neither pointless, nor useless, nor love slave beating worthy..... ;)

Don't get me wrong, I would always install in the return if it is reasonably practical, but occasionally have (and will continue to) fit in the flow.

Imagine the rust particles are criminals. If they are allowed to shoplift once but are then caught and put away in (Adey) prison, they no longer commit crime. Surely better than leaving them to go round and round commiting more and more serious crimes while growing in number. While I'm sure it is better to stop them before they even commit a crime, it is these minor crimes that can cause no long lasting damage (passing once through the heat exchanger).

I'll get my coat.....:rolleyes:

By design they capture most of their crap using a magnet!!
Did you read my post? I was referring to the Magnabooster here. Primarily, it uses a vortex function to trap the crud. The smaller magnet fitted is a secondary function of this particular device unlike other devices on the market.

GrahamM

My apologies. You were indeed referring to the Magnabooster, so my magnet comment got through the vortex. However in their installation instructions they too say 'preferably on the boiler return pipe'. Same sort of language as the others: 'preferred' on return, 'acceptable' on the flow. Not 'preferable' on the return and useless on the flow.

As for all this vortex wizadry. How did we survive before Dyson vacuums and Magnaboostercleanserturbos2....:confused:

I'm off to lie down with an egg custard under the stairs.:D

This is an incorrect illustration. It definitely is fitted on the return.

Just had another look at this. This is a SPIROCOMBI. This is a different product to the SPIROTRAP MAGNABOOSTER.
The spirocombi is an air seperator as well as a fillter that should be fitted on the flow. Just to confuse people.
The magnabooster must be fitted on the return. It little more than useless on the flow

OK, thanks for clarifying that but doesn’t this now solve the OP requirements for his preference to the fitting a suitable filter device in the flow.
I understand that the OP is specifically referring to the fitting of a TF1 but never the less I assume an alternative produce would be acceptable.
Or do you not recommend this particular filter/air separator solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
J
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Lou. No change. I have not been able to get...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
Back