Ccts conversion and weather comp. | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ccts conversion and weather comp. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Aplologies as I've asked before, but would like to clarify, I,ve been asked to convert from oil (Open vent) to lpg sealed, using a viessmann 111w, its being fitted to approx 3kw ufh with electronic actuators at the manifold for each ufh loop, and 7 rads on microbore. My plan is to use close coupled Tees at the boiler with a bypass, (primary circuit) use the boiler pump as a shunt, connect a second pump and zone valve for the secondary circuit (radiator system) and repeat for the ufh with pump, zone valve and blending valve. The system has been power flushed, all the ufh is new and the majority of flow and return primary pipework to the rads is being replaced, My other concern was complying with boiler plus, I usually fit weather comp although I have been informed that adjusting the heat curve will be ok, Any thoughts on the set up would be appreciated. In future I think I will be using a LLH.

Don’t need to do it on the boiler or rad circuit unless you have pump on pump so remove the pump on the rad circuit and you will be fine

but keep your cct on the underfloor heating
Ok back to the drawing board. I'm getting a bit confused. Please correct me if im wrong. Leave the rad circuit and flow and return from the boiler as a standard install, but add cct,s for the ufh. If so where would they be best connected.

Ok back to the drawing board. I'm getting a bit confused. Please correct me if im wrong. Leave the rad circuit and flow and return from the boiler as a standard install, but add cct,s for the ufh. If so where would they be best connected.

I'm a bit unsure what Shaun is saying as well. Why decide to go for CCT's in the first place? If it's a domestic property and the boiler pump is man enough and the sub systems aren't pulling too much flow rate for boiler then why not install your standard system?

I'm a bit unsure what Shaun is saying as well. Why decide to go for CCT's in the first place? If it's a domestic property and the boiler pump is man enough and the sub systems aren't pulling too much flow rate for boiler then why not install your standard system?
I had a slight worry about the different demands of the existing microbore pipework and the ufh. cct,s sounded like a revalation, subsequent research has proved everyday is definatley a school day, if I can install without and it has little or no impact on the set up then great. although I can see it would be better long term for the actual boiler. Im booking myself onto the vaillant llh and design course as it seems to tie in well with heat pumps ( another little minefield ) and I need to fill in a few holes. In this instance I'm happy to use ccts if needed now that i have better understanding of them but cant quite grasp what Shaun meant.

Reason to install ccts not enough space for a llh,

You have a big pump on a combi boiler / system eg 25 rads etc (the pump would put too much flow rate through the boiler hex effecting it also both pumps would fight each other),

Ufh when the system is up to temp the boiler would cycle a lot due to low demand eg 0.5kw
with ccts this would help the boiler as if the return is at a usable temp would pinch from this etc
[automerge]1582218807[/automerge]

After the port valve for the ufh manifold is the best place

So shaun am I right in thinking if sub systems required high flow rate, more than maximum allowed for boiler exchanger then its CCT or LLH time. This allows each sub circuit to have it's on pump

exactly so for example but can always help when less flow rate is needed hence ufh when up to temp

worcester 42cdi heat only 25 plus rads on a 15-60 heat doesn’t get to the furthest x amount of rads stick a 25-80 on the system in the airing cupboard on the heating circuits with cct so both pumps are happy and the boiler flow rate is maintained

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had an offer in on 3bay for the one I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hmm DAB is a Grundfos company......
Replies
Views
Jojomacjo
J
  • Question
As a quick workaround you should have some...
Replies
Views
Back