Central Heating FlowProblems | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating FlowProblems in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

As for your other questions, the distance from water level in tank to top of bend in vent pipe is 700mm and water depth in tank when hot is 180mm
They were my questions; but that's not important. The important thing is they are acceptable distances and shouldn't give rise to pumping over.

I agree with John.g that you need a balancing valve in the HW circuit (they are usually fitted on the return).

1. Do you know if the system has been balanced?
2. Do you have TRVs on the rads? If so, turn them all to max and see if you still have the problem.

They were my questions; but that's not important. The important thing is they are acceptable distances and shouldn't give rise to pumping over.

I agree with John.g that you need a balancing valve in the HW circuit (they are usually fitted on the return).

1. Do you know if the system has been balanced?
2. Do you have TRVs on the rads? If so, turn them all to max and see if you still have the problem.
Yep, I have TRV's on all the rads and I have tried flat out. There's no problem as far as the CH is concerned so long as the cold feed is twixt vent pipe and air separator BUT, this then introduces the pump over problem which occurs when the lower resistance HW circuit comes in. If it's still a problem after I've checked the pipework is clean and I've moved the cold feed back to its original location then as you and John have suggested, I'll look at fitting a balancing valve. The return from the coil in the HW cylinder is easily accessible.

Similar plumbing topics

Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Back