central heating in conservatory | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating in conservatory in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
AW perhaps your local building control has interpreted the regs differently to others. Might be worth asking again if it crops up as a job for you

It is a waste of energy, but then so is a house with no thermostat, and there are plenty of them in the country.

I think new conservatories have good u-values as they have polarised glass and all that

Glass can only be so good, and it's never going to compare to a cavity wall, with Celotex inbetween.

But the doors going in on my project are as good as it gets. The U values are pretty amazing considering it's glass.

i was told the same thing by nhbc inspector and on hetas training course, unless its part of the building (ie. no doors) it should not have a heat source connected to the system.

what i ment danny was if we are supposed to be building new stuff to high energy eff standards then why waste money on great insulation etc.... then throw heat into a conservatory. Im supprised its allowed. I know its done, just trying to understand why?

why spend thousands on energy eff stuff and allow it to be wasted in one room? whats the point of part l then?

Last edited:
Im supprised its allowed. I know its done, just trying to understand why?

why spend thousands on energy eff stuff and allow it to be wasted in one room? whats the point of part l then?

I understand what you mean mate, and to a greater extent I agree with you....but I think it's good that we still have some choices we can still make for ourselves. Even if they are a waste of energy.

I guess the long and short of it is:

If you like having a bright room, with windows out to your garden, but want it to be at room temp so you can sit out there and sip your tea in comfort, then you are going to have to chuck some heat at it.

I know for those concerned for the environment it must look ludicrous! I'm half and half in the camp.

Would you feel differently if the room was heated by an ASHP or similar?

wear a jumper if you sit in a conservatory in winter. the human race evolved from furry critters and caves to living in nice warm houses, now the stupid ones are trying to reverse the process, should be made a hanging offence

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you mean mate, and to a greater extent I agree with you....but I think it's good that we still have some choices we can still make for ourselves. Even if they are a waste of energy.

I guess the long and short of it is:

If you like having a bright room, with windows out to your garden, but want it to be at room temp so you can sit out there and sip your tea in comfort, then you are going to have to chuck some heat at it.

I know for those concerned for the environment it must look ludicrous! I'm half and half in the camp.

Would you feel differently if the room was heated by an ASHP or similar?

im all for choice, and feel the same as you by the looks of it. you dont have a choice about alot if the building regs tho, most rules and regs are two faced at best. i guess there wont be much choice in 30-40 years. we will all be splitting atoms!

its not about how i feel, heat or no heat i just think the regs go one way and then the other.

i intend to extend my ch into my conservatory and further intend to employ a professional to do the installation. I wish to use this forum to ensure I understand the process.

I have a vaillant ecotec combi boiler which is controlled by a danfoss tp5000si rf thermostat and rx2 switch.

I know what size rads I need and am in the process of purchasing them together with TRV and lockshields, second tp5000si rf thermostat to control the conservatory independantly, and a 2 port zone valve to isolate the conservatory.

The plumbing for the rads will be picked up from under the lounge floor and run into the conservatory to the 2 rads and back - my first question is where does the zone valve go?

Appreciate any guidance.

Best option fit a air to air heat pump will take care of heating and cooling, thats summer and winter covered.
If you cant afford this and must have heating fit a radiator and use honeywell Evo home to control and zone it you wont need the extra pipe work from the boiler to zone the system as the trv heads are self ectuating and this will zone everyroom in your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best to remove the rad and put a hose pipe on...
Replies
Views
Hi Basher, Thank you for the reply. So the...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back