central heating issue | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating issue in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the trv / non balancing side boiling hot ??

Was the other side full flowing ?

not sure what u mean the other side is opened up fully and is stone cold if I disconnect the other side (balancing side ) a load of water comes out of rad and eventually gets warm a little ,a small amount of water ejects from return pipe again cold then goes warm a little

Yea that's fine so your getting good flow from both

I would say blockage in the rad or pump

the flow pipe and the return pipe from the offending rad comes down my bedroom cupboard the flow pipe is too hot to touch and the return pipe is cold there is what looks to be a gate vale where a pipe connects the flow with the return this is closed I'm assuming it should be closed ?

Any chance of a pic of said valve ?

yes have opened it but not sure what its there for ?

20171216_111422.jpg

Shut that valve does it heat up ?

valve was shut when all was working ,I have tried it with it open nothing I'm assuming its just there if some work needs to be done on the system above that line ?

The one with the red wheel head if the flow at return to and from it are red hot.

yes but the pipe on the left of the wheel which is the hot flow is hot all the way to the radiator the pipe on the left is the return which is cold ,the wheel valve is to open the left pipe up to connect to the right pipe I'm assuming if work needed to be done etc ..as I'm assuming this should be closed which it is if I open up the wheel then the hot from the left pipe enters the return pipe this doesn't solve the problem of the hot water going through the rad and exiting through the return pipe ?

if I open that valve up the heat starts to rise up the pipe on the right
but if I'm a guessing man the valve should be shut as the hot water should go up the left pipe through the rad and back down the right pipe ?

so quick update and hopefully someone will know how to fix my problem :: so today I thought id give getting my attic radiator another go if you have read my previous posts you will know that it aint getting warm its stone cold !!
so today I shut all valves down on all my radiators the thermostatic valve and the valve on the left apart from the radiator in the attic I added more water to the system and bled thee radiator till there was water coming out I then turned on the central heating and left for an hr went back to radiator stone cold (it was too hot to touch by the valve ion the right the left hand pipe stone cold so I though I would equalize the remaining radiators when turned on all came on except the one on the landing so now I have to radiators that wont get hot
I'm beginning to think theres an airlock either in the pipes or in the pump ?? was going to replace radiator in attic but now another radiator has stopped I'm thinking its not that the pressure is good and all the other radiators are too hot to touch anyone have any ideas please I'm banging my head on this one

Best and easiest option would be to try and get a heating engy to have a look at your system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
The pin was stuck on the TRV,
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Hi Basher, Thank you for the reply. So the...
Replies
Views
Back