Central Heating Issue | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had our engineer out today. He has removed the AAV and took a pipe up into the attic and vented it over the header. I have added a few pics to show you.

The first one shows where the pipe goes up through to the attic, it is a standard 15mm copper pipe. 27052011_003[1].jpg

The next 2 show how the pipe loops over into the header as you can see it is now a PVC pipe so it must change as soon as it enters the attic as it is fully PVC from what I can see. With the heating off there is a some water dripping from the pipe.27052011[1].jpg27052011_001[1].jpg

The next picture shows that when the heating is on the drip turns in to a constant stream.27052011_002[1].jpg

Sorry about the rotation of some of the pics.

Also when the heating is on I am now getting a high pitched whistle from the system just like you would get on a kettle you would use on the hob.

I don't know if I have a return of air in the system yet as I haven't checked.

Hello
Not a gas engineer, but sounds like it`s pumping over if water is coming out of the vent, check pump to see what speed it`s set at, you should see a lever with lines going from 1 line up to 3 lines on the side of the pump or numbers 1 to 3 if on number 3 turn it down and see if this helps.

I can't reduce the speed of the pump as it is on the lowest setting, I have done almost everything I can think of to correct the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
It has dropped after isolating. Bugger
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Back