Central heating not working. Help needed. | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating not working. Help needed. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dought that JTS. Good luck chickenman

I honestly doubt that as the cylinder is less than a year old as I replaced it. Just to add something else the heating system cylcles out when the temperature in the hall is still cold, turning up the thermostat doesnt make any difference, turning the boiler stat up makes a bit of difference but its whacked righ up....any ideas for whn the heating engineers comes?

Wiring problem or faulty valve, the heating eng. on site will have a better chance to diagnose the problems mate

Well the Heating Engineer came and spotted the problem in 30 seconds. The system had been put in wrong due to the vent being on the wrong side of the pump and the F/E feed was wrong too, I would never have realised that....20 years ago I would have spotted that....hell I feel old now. The guy told me how to rectify the problem but I told him that I hadnt got him round to get his advice and rip him off by doing the job myself and I insisted he did the job for me. He also said the problem with the cycle times should be sorted now as a result of the work. Ok it will cost me £100 plus vat , but hey I couldnt find the problem and I will glady pay that for his knowledge.

Anyway I reckon I was just having a bad few days or maybe hung over as to not spot the mistake.....for as I was told when I was an apprentice all those years ago....Plumbers are No 1 , heating engineers are just plumbers with a pair of pliers, nearly the same as a sparky!...:tounge_smile::tounge_smile::tounge_smile::tounge_smile:....I suppose I should stop now cos my dad was a sparky.

Anyway thanks for the help guys

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
''Sounds like pump is in front of f/e connection and pumping into the tank instead of pumping round the system.''

Is what I said in the very first response to this question. Boom - headshot!

''Sounds like pump is in front of f/e connection and pumping into the tank instead of pumping round the system.''

Is what I said in the very first response to this question. Boom - headshot!

It is indeed what you said but I never picked up on it...though to be entirely correct regarding my system...the feed is first, then the pump, then the expansion.I see your Bolton.....so was I ...Bromley Cross, did my apprenticeship Thynne Street tho Council Lad

Last edited by a moderator:
Council plumber you say....

If you installed in bolton then please accept my thanks! I've had a few jobs hiding your pipework, made a good bit of beer money from it :)
Glad you got it sorted anyway, will it remedy the rad in the hall not getting hot?

Council plumber you say....

If you installed in bolton then please accept my thanks! I've had a few jobs hiding your pipework, made a good bit of beer money from it :)
Glad you got it sorted anyway, will it remedy the rad in the hall not getting hot?

Ya cheeky sod :cool3: , the rad in the hall was getting hot , it is just the boiler was cutting out when the stat was turned up high, although the house wasnt cold, it could certainly get warmer. After discussing this with the heating engineer he reckons the problem should be cured.

Oh and you will have most prob never seen any of my work as I worked alot Top oth Brow and farnworth ect. Most of the lead sheet I installed and copper will have gone down to Lance Dickinsons scrap yard 2 hours after I installed it. :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back