central heating problem | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kenny1

ideal isar HE24 condensing combi boiler with a Central heating fault.

letter 'C' for “central heating” appears in the window but the light just flashes and fails to ignite the boiler to heat the water, it just sits there for ever

if the domestic water tap is turned on the letter “D” for Domestic appears in the window and the boiler ignites and heats the water, running Hot water working properly.

When the water Tap is turned off the letter “C” for central heating replaces the letter “D” now calling for the boiler to ignite to heat the water for central heating mode. but fails to ignite, Now the HOT water which is left in the chamber from heating the domestic water is expelled into the central heating line

no fault codes appear in the window and the water pressure is set to 1 bar Cold

What could this be

a axe coming outta the van,or roomstat or programmer fault

As Ideal axeman, gasman, says. Chech your stat. If you have a remote stat the batteries may be dead!

Central heating does kick in but just for a few seconds then shuts down

Kinda sounds like your actuator isn't moving! Does it go from 'd' to 'c' burner light flash then perminent then off leaving 'c' only on display?

you need a gsr engineer could be thermister playing up or controls

Kinda sounds like your actuator isn't moving! Does it go from 'd' to 'c' burner light flash then perminent then off leaving 'c' only on display?

Yep thats right

you need someone to take the case off and check out what model/design Isar you have. they came in 3/4 versions. As The 'axeman' says, a gsr engineer will get you sorted. If probs aren't external...

Diomondgas wrote

Yes it does

thanks lads for your addvice

You're welcome kenny1.

Bye-the-way just to add a bit confusion, it's more likely an issue with the whole valve than the actuator but you have to check the later first B4 you decide a drain down is needed!

Hi Diamondgas and Gas Man
Thanks for your valued help and guidance much appreciated. I had a bit of time today to look at my Boiler and made myself familiar with its workings from the Installation/Servicing Manuel. My trade before I retired was a Mechanical Engineer but respect that yours is a different field that's why I sort your professional advice.

OK
My first thing is to do a check with the Multimeter on the two Thermistors when my mate returns it
I noticed that the Diverter Valve Actuators plastic indicator on the left side does move without restrictions when the boiler goes through its cycle notice from the drawing on the parts list that the valve seating is assisted on its return by a spring, my experience tells me these on occasions stick or spring snaps.

I am hoping that one of the Thermistors is faulty.

Cheers Ken

My first thing is to do a check with the Multimeter on the two Thermistors when my mate returns it
I noticed that the Diverter Valve Actuators plastic indicator on the left side does move without restrictions when the boiler goes through its cycle notice from the drawing on the parts list that the valve seating is assisted on its return by a spring, my experience tells me these on occasions stick or spring snaps.

I am hoping that one of the Thermistors is faulty.

Cheers Ken

Hi Ken,

Sounds like actuator is okay if the indicator is moving, it's the grey actuator yeh?

yes, and just tested the Thermistors through a Temperature range tested OK

what ohms reading did you get off the thermistors? and are they wet pocket or dry?

yes, and just tested the Thermistors through a Temperature range tested OK

Okay ... well it's more likely that you diverter is stuck! Turn the power off to the boiler and turn the diverter actuator 1/4 turn (Left I think). This'll disengage the actuator from the diverter (You won't get wet!) .... The spindle inside the plastic valve could be stuck IN! I believe 'in' is hot water only! How confident do you feel about draining a heating system and replacing stuff, refilling and knowing it'll all start up okay? Coz that's where you're heading by the sounds of it :angel_smile:

I am now thinking I may have a fault on my Honeywell HC60NG (R6660D10009 Relay Module, my HCW 80 (room unit) programs into it OK, but my guess now is that the relay module is not communicating with the boiler, but you lads know better than me. mines just an educated guess.

cheers Ken

I am now thinking I may have a fault on my Honeywell HC60NG (R6660D10009 Relay Module, my HCW 80 (room unit) programs into it OK, but my guess now is that the relay module is not communicating with the boiler, but you lads know better than me. mines just an educated guess.

ROFLMAO ... Now then kenny1...... did we not mention this from the start? sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh! you can link out the external components on the plug-in socket under the boiler!

Could seriously be time for someone who knows what they're doin!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
you could link it out to prove it but you need to be confident with electrics

you could link it out to prove it but you need to be confident with electrics

Patience is a vurtue my friend eh? ... lol . I wonder how much you could get selling this sort of knowledge? *ponder* *ponder* *ponder*

i know a doctor coustomer of mine does just that have to ask him how much he earns from it

Hi
the valve was OK not stuck................ where exactly is the plug in socket under the boiler Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Back